Oilers Receive Dostie and Forney from San Diego
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud member of the ECHL, and Head Coach Rob Murray announced a series of moves Friday leading up to the team's weekend road trip to Wichita. The American Hockey League's San Diego Gulls loaned defenseman Chris Forney back to the Oilers, and the National Hockey League's Anaheim Ducks have assigned forward Alex Dostie from San Diego to Tulsa.
In a series of separate transactions, the Oilers have released goaltender Keegan Asmundson and rookie forward Craig Pefley from their standard player contracts.
Forney, 24, returns to the Oilers for the fourth time this season, where he's recorded 11 points (2g, 9a) in 31 games with a +11 rating and one game-winning goal for Tulsa. The rookie from Thief River Falls, Minn. has also appeared in three games for the Gulls. He also played three games in San Diego at the end of the 2017-18 season following a four-year college career at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell.
Dostie, 21, played in one game for Tulsa back in February, but has spent the rest of the season in San Diego, where he has 4 points (2g, 2a) in 35 games. The Drummondville, Quebec native has 5 points (2g, 3a) in 6 career ECHL games and 14 points (5g, 9a) in 76 AHL games over two seasons with the Gulls. Anaheim drafted Dostie in the fourth round of the 2016 NHL Draft.
Asmundson went 1-2-0 with a 3.67 goals-against average and .866 save percentage in three appearances for Tulsa, and Pefley appeared in two games for the Oilers after signing out of Ferris State University.
The Oilers head to Wichita for two games against the Thunder at INTRUST Bank Arena Saturday at 7:05pm and Sunday at 4:05pm, after clinching a playoff berth last Saturday. Catch all the action Saturday on the Sports Animal radio network, www.tulsaoilers.com or ECHL.TV, with pregame coverage starting at 6:45pm.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 22, 2019
- Wheeling Rides Strong Third Period to Win over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Rays Take Down KC for Third Straight Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Burn Growlers at Santander Arena in Weekend Opener, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Duffy's Hat Trick Surges Norfolk Past Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Greg Chase Caps Two Goal Game with OT Winner in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Railers Grab a Point But Really Wanted Two in 2-1 Overtime Loss to Mariners - Worcester Railers HC
- Despite Loss to Royals, Growlers Clinch Playoff Berth - Newfoundland Growlers
- Third Period Surge Lifts Nailers Past Indy, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Ink Trio to Roster; Host Cyclones Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Reid Petryk Loaned to AHL Chicago Wolves - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Sign Forward Slater Doggett - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 22 - ECHL
- K-Wings Ink WMU's McMullen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Re-Sign D-Man Sean Campbell - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Receive Dostie and Forney from San Diego - Tulsa Oilers
- Lightning Reassign Ingram to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, March 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne Komets - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Melancon Recalled by Laval - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Host Growlers Friday with $1 Draft Beers, Pres. by Deibler Dental - Reading Royals
- Windsor Leads Solar Bears to Win over Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.