Komets Ink Trio to Roster; Host Cyclones Tonight
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets announced Friday that they have added three players to the roster. Goaltender Alex Dubeau and forwards Anthony Nellis and Gage Torrel have each agreed to terms and are expected to be in the lineup tonight when the Komets host Cincinnati on Sweetwater Ice at the Memorial Coliseum.
Dubeau (doo-BOE), 24, recently completed a four-year college career with the University of New Brunswick in the AUS (Atlantic University Sport). The netminder is a three-time University Cup Champion after capping his senior year ranking second in the AUS with a 1.97 goals-against average and .918 save percentage before backstopping the UNB Reds with three wins and his third University Men's hockey championship. In the tournament the Mascouche, Quebec native earned the national championship Most Valuable Player honor.
Nellis, 24, has finished a four-year collegiate stint with Lake Superior State University where he capped his senior year scoring 15 goals and ranking second on the Lakers with 18 assists and 33 points in 38 WCHA games. Nellis also was named to the 2018-19 WCHA Third All-Star Team.
Torrel (tore-EHL), 24, also completed a four-year college career at Lake Superior State this season and finished with career highs of 18 assists and 25 points in 38 games.
In additional player moves, the Komets also announced that forward Gregg Burmaster has been placed on waivers and emergency goaltender Luke Richardson has been released.
Triple-Header Weekend-- The Komets begin a stretch of 10 games in 17 nights when they host Cincinnati tonight at 8:00. The Komets hit the road for games at Indy Saturday at 7:35pm before finishing the weekend with a 5:15pm faceoff at Toledo Sunday.
Family Four Pack, 4 for $59 Night Friday-- Fans can take advantage of a 4-for-$59 offer at Friday's home game courtesy of Midwest America Federal Credit Union. Get four tickets, four hot dogs, four soft drinks, four chips for only $59 when purchasing the Family Four Pack at the Memorial Coliseum Ticket Office.
Friday night Marathon Nights-- Again this year Komet fans can save on their Friday night tickets with Marathon. Fans can earn a buy-one-get-one-free ticket offer with the purchase of three fill-ups at participating Marathon locations. Save with your Marathon Fill-Up Card this Friday when the Komets face Cincinnati at 8pm.
Komet Hockey Tickets-- Single game tickets for all Komet regular season home games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office. Enjoy several discount plans designed especially for your next group, or check out Komets Flex Tickets. For more information visit Komets.com, call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 22, 2019
- Wheeling Rides Strong Third Period to Win over Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Rays Take Down KC for Third Straight Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Royals Burn Growlers at Santander Arena in Weekend Opener, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Duffy's Hat Trick Surges Norfolk Past Jacksonville - Norfolk Admirals
- Durocher's Hat Trick Not Enough in Mavericks 5-3 Loss at South Carolina - Kansas City Mavericks
- Greg Chase Caps Two Goal Game with OT Winner in Worcester - Maine Mariners
- Railers Grab a Point But Really Wanted Two in 2-1 Overtime Loss to Mariners - Worcester Railers HC
- Despite Loss to Royals, Growlers Clinch Playoff Berth - Newfoundland Growlers
- Third Period Surge Lifts Nailers Past Indy, 5-2 - Wheeling Nailers
- Komets Ink Trio to Roster; Host Cyclones Tonight - Fort Wayne Komets
- Reid Petryk Loaned to AHL Chicago Wolves - Idaho Steelheads
- 'Blades Sign Forward Slater Doggett - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 22 - ECHL
- K-Wings Ink WMU's McMullen - Kalamazoo Wings
- Gladiators Re-Sign D-Man Sean Campbell - Atlanta Gladiators
- Oilers Receive Dostie and Forney from San Diego - Tulsa Oilers
- Lightning Reassign Ingram to Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- Nailers vs. Fuel Game Day Snap Shot, March 22 - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne Komets - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Melancon Recalled by Laval - Norfolk Admirals
- Royals Host Growlers Friday with $1 Draft Beers, Pres. by Deibler Dental - Reading Royals
- Windsor Leads Solar Bears to Win over Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Komets Announce Playoff Roster
- Komets Eye Playoff Berth; Final Week Features Four Games
- Komets Clip Walleye 2-1 in OT; Wings Visit Wednesday, Mavs Here Saturday
- Komets Ink Trio to Roster; Host Cyclones Tonight
- Komets Sweep Beast for Four Points; Wings Here Wednesday, Cyclones Blow into Town Friday