RedHawks Game Notes
Memphis Redbirds (51-50) vs. Oklahoma City RedHawks (45-57)
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Houston Astros
Game #103 of 144/Home #47 of 72 (22-24)
Pitching Probables: OKC-RH Brad Hennessey vs. MEM-RH Maikel Cleto
Monday July 25, 2011 | RedHawks Field at Bricktown | Oklahoma City, Okla. | 7:05 p.m. CT
Radio: KGHM AM-1340 The Game, 1340thegame.com, IHeartRadio - J.P. Shadrick-play-by-play, Darren Headrick- Pre-game, Post-game
UPCOMING SCHEDULE AND PROBABLE PITCHING MATCHUPS (ALL TIMES CENTRAL)
Tuesday, July 26 vs. Nashville Sounds (MIL): OKC-RH Sergio Perez (4-9, 4.35) vs. NASH-LH Sam Narron (4-4, 4.04) - 7:05 p.m., KGHM-AM 1340, 1340thegame.com, IHeartRadio
Wednesday, July 27 vs. Nashville Sounds (MIL): OKC-RH Lucas Harrell (1-0, 1.50) vs. NASH-RH Amaury Rivas (7-9, 4.66)- 7:05 p.m., KGHM-AM 1340, 1340thegame.com, IHeartRadio
Thursday, July 28 vs. Nashville Sounds (MIL): OKC-RH Nelson Figueroa (6-5, 5.55)vs. NASH-RH Frankie De La Cruz (4-6, 4.17) - 7:05 p.m., KGHM-AM 1340, 1340thegame.com, IHeartRadio
Friday, July 29 vs. Nashville Sounds (MIL): OKC-LH Andy Van Hekken (5-4, 2.98) vs. NASH-RH Mike Fiers (3-0, 2.25) - 7:05 p.m., KGHM-AM 1340, 1340thegame.com, IHeartRadio
Saturday, July 30 vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (KC): OKC-RH Brad Hennessey (0-2, 7.88) vs. KC-TBA - 7:05 p.m., KGHM-AM 1340, 1340thegame.com, IHeartRadio
RedHawks Continue Series vs. Memphis-- The Oklahoma City RedHawks continue a 12-game homestand with game four of a four-game series against the Memphis Redbirds...Oklahoma City lead the current series 3-0, but trail the season series against Memphis 4-11...Tonight is the final game between the teams in 2011...The RedHawks have posted a 22-24 home record...Every game of the current homestand is against American Northern division opponents, the tightest division in the PCL...Oklahoma City enters Friday in fourth place in the American Southern division, 14.0 games behind first place Round Rock...Memphis enters Friday in second place in the American Northern division, 4.0 games behind first place Omaha...
Tonight's Probable Pitchers-- Brad Hennessey (5G, 4GS, 0-2, 7.88) makes his fifth consecutive start with OKC tonight...Last time out on July 21 at Albuquerque, Hennessey allowed four runs and seven hits over 2.1 innings without a decision...Tonight is Hennessey's second home outing with OKC...His only other home start came July 7 vs. Omaha, giving up one run and two hits in five innings without a decision...Hennessey signed with the Houston Astros in early June, and made four relief appearances with Double-A Corpus Christi before a promotion to OKC...Memphis starter Maikel Cleto (5GS, 1-1, 4.13ERA) makes his sixth consecutive start tonight...Cleto allowed three runs, two earned, and five hits over six innings without a decision last time out vs. Omaha on July 19....Cleto faced OKC on July 1 and allowed two runs and three hits over five innings without a decision at AutoZone Park...Cleto has pitched in four different levels of the Cardinals organization in 2011, including two relief outings (6/2 and 6/21) with St. Louis...
Last Game: July 24-OKC RedHawks 7, Memphis Redbirds 0-- Andy Van Hekken and Wesley Wright combined on a five-hit shutout of the Memphis Redbirds in a 7-0 OKC win Sunday afternoon at RedHawks Field at Bricktown...Van Hekken allowed three hits over seven innings, and put down the first 13 Memphis hitters in order in the win...The RedHawks scored five runs in the third inning against Memphis starter Adam Ottavino, sending him from the game after two innings plus six hitters...Wesley Wright dealt the final two shutout frames, giving up two hits in the eighth inning...Six different RedHawks knocked in one run each, while J.B. Shuck led the way with three hits...
Shutouts-- The RedHawks collected their third shutout win of 2011 last night, with a 7-0 victory over Memphis...The RedHawks shutout Round Rock at the Dell Diamond 5-0 on April 23, and won 2-0 over Albuquerque at RedHawks Field at Bricktown on June 14...The RedHawks have suffered three shutout losses in 2011...
Ten Strikeouts-- Andy Van Hekken and Wesley Wright combined for 10 strikeouts in last night's win, the first 10-or-better strikeout game for the OKC staff since four pitchers combined on 11 strikeouts June 23 at Albuquerque...The RedHawks have now posted 16 games of 10-plus strikeouts, with only five since the beginning of June...
Van Hekken Qualifies-- Andy Van Hekken now qualifies for the ERA top-ten, sitting second in the PCL with a 2.98 ERA (28ER/84.2 IP)...Van Hekken's ERA trails only Omaha's Luis Mendoza at 2.51...After making 16 relief appearances at the beginning of the season, Van Hekken jumped into the starting rotation when Jordan Lyles' contract was purchased by the Astros...Van Hekken has made 11 consecutive starts for OKC...
Shuck Hot Since Break, Now Toughest Strikeout-- Outfielder J.B. Shuck was 3x5 yesterday, and has hit safely in eight of the nine games he has played since the All-Star break...Shuck is now .455 (15x33) with a .500 OBP since the All-Star Break....Shuck now has the highest TPA/SO ratio in the PCL, at 13.80 plate apperances per strikeout...Shuck has posted only two strikeouts in 61 at-bats in the month of July, while recording only six strikeouts in 81 at-bats in June....
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 25, 2011
- Aces Drop Finale In Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Shut Down at Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- RedHawks Complete Sweep with 8-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Wins 8-3 Over Cubs In Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs Top 'Topes, 9-5 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Host Las Vegas for Conclusion of Silver State Diamond Challenge - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Continues Hit Parade in Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Earn Split in Albuquerque - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express Storm Past Omaha 9-2 - Round Rock Express
- Aguila Named PCL Player of the Week - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Round Rock Express - Series Preview Vs. Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' De La Cruz Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Tucson Padres Return Home Tuesday - Tucson Padres
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Tucson Blows Lead, Wins with Homer in 13th - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Annual Job Fair February 21 & 23
- All-Session Tickets on Sale for 2019 Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship
- Registration Now Open for 2019 National Anthem Tryouts
- OKC Dodgers Announce Improvements to Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark
- OKC Dodgers Hosting 2019 Blue Crue Auditions Tomorrow