RedHawks Complete Sweep with 8-2 Win
Oklahoma City, Okla. - J.B. Shuck drove in the go-ahead runs with a fourth inning, bases-clearing triple, and sent Sergio Perez to his first winning decision since May as the Oklahoma City RedHawks (46-57) defeated the Memphis Redbirds (51-51) 8-2 before 3,286 Monday night at RedHawks Field at Bricktown.
Perez (5-9) allowed two runs and seven hits with no walks and one strikeout over five innings for the win. The last winning decision for Perez came May 31 against Round Rock. Perez was 0-6 with a 4.38 ERA over his previous eight appearances before Monday. Memphis starter Maikel Cleto (1-2) allowed six runs, five earned, with five hits over four-plus innings in the loss.
Memphis opened the scoring in the first inning. Nick Stavinoha singled with two out before Andrew Brown belted a home run to right-centerfield, his 15th of the season, for a 2-0 Redbird lead.
The RedHawks rallied for a run in the third inning against Cleto. J.R. Towles was hit by a pitch with two out and scored from first base on a Brian Bogusevic double for a 2-1 score.
Oklahoma City surged ahead in the fourth inning, taking advantage of Cleto lack of command. Cleto loaded the bases with walks of Oswaldo Navarro, Sergio Perez and Luis Durango before J.B. Shuck drove everyone in with a two-out double for a 4-2 RedHawks lead.
The RedHawks added two runs in the fifth inning with a Collin Delome single and Koby Clemens pinch-hit single producing runs for a 6-2 lead.
Oklahoma City ended the scoring with a two-run sixth inning. Anderson Hernandez knocked in a run with a sacrifice fly before another Delome RBI single ended the scoring for an 8-2 advantage.
RedHawks RH Brad Hennessey will face Nashville Sounds LH Sam Narron Tuesday at 7:05 p.m. Tickets are available through the RedHawks box office at 405-218-1000 or by visiting okcredhawks.com. Live radio coverage is available on AM 1340 The Game, 1340thegame.com and through the IHeartRadio application.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 25, 2011
- Aces Drop Finale In Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Shut Down at Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- RedHawks Complete Sweep with 8-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Wins 8-3 Over Cubs In Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs Top 'Topes, 9-5 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Host Las Vegas for Conclusion of Silver State Diamond Challenge - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Continues Hit Parade in Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Earn Split in Albuquerque - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express Storm Past Omaha 9-2 - Round Rock Express
- Aguila Named PCL Player of the Week - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Round Rock Express - Series Preview Vs. Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' De La Cruz Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Tucson Padres Return Home Tuesday - Tucson Padres
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Tucson Blows Lead, Wins with Homer in 13th - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.