Aces Host Las Vegas for Conclusion of Silver State Diamond Challenge
RENO, Nev.- The first-place Reno Aces will play host to the Las Vegas 51s this week in the conclusion of the 2011 Silver State Diamond Challenge, highlighted by 50-cent hot dogs, $2 beers and a fireworks display on Friday night.
With the 2011 SSDC knotted at six games apiece with four games remaining, Reno and Las Vegas open the series Tuesday night at 7:05 p.m. at Aces Ballpark.
Tuesday's game is 50-Cent Hot Dog Night presented by KTVN Channel 2 News, where just a pair of quarters can get you a hot dog throughout the game.
The series continues Wednesday night with another 7:05 game, where fans can get two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas for just $22. The Aces' popular 2-for-$22 promotion runs at every Wednesday home game throughout the rest of the 2011 season.
Wednesday is also the first of two "Dog Days of Summer" events at Aces Ballpark this season. At Wednesday's game, fans can purchase a special Dog Days ticket package for just $25, which includes two human tickets, one dog ticket and a special Aces dog accessory. Fans can call Andrei at (775) 334-7010 for more details.
Thursday's 7:05 game is another Coors Light Thirsty Thursday presented by Lotus Radio and Reno News & Review. Fans can get a Coors Light Party Zone ticket, special mug and one free fill-up for just $12. Until the fifth inning of every Thursday home game, all fans 21 and older can get Coors and Coors Light drafts for $2.
The homestand concludes at 7:05 p.m. Friday night with Saint Mary's Fireworks Friday presented by KRNV News 4, with a fireworks display following the game. Fans can vote for the soundtrack to the fireworks show at the Saint Mary's Facebook page.
Friday's game also features the return of Mystery Balls, where fans can get a signed baseball by an Aces or D-backs player for just $20, with the proceeds to benefit the Reno Aces Foundation. The mystery lies in the fact that fans do not know who signed their ball until the packaging is unwrapped.
Tickets for the upcoming homestand can be purchased at the Aces Ballpark Box Office, online at RenoAces.com or by phone at (775) 334-7000. Discounted group tickets for your next event are available today.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 25, 2011
- Aces Drop Finale In Sacramento - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Shut Down at Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- RedHawks Complete Sweep with 8-2 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Wins 8-3 Over Cubs In Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs Top 'Topes, 9-5 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Host Las Vegas for Conclusion of Silver State Diamond Challenge - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Continues Hit Parade in Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Earn Split in Albuquerque - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Round Rock Express Storm Past Omaha 9-2 - Round Rock Express
- Aguila Named PCL Player of the Week - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- PCL Names Players of the Week - PCL
- Round Rock Express - Series Preview Vs. Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Sounds' De La Cruz Named PCL Pitcher of the Week - Nashville Sounds
- Tucson Padres Return Home Tuesday - Tucson Padres
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Tucson Blows Lead, Wins with Homer in 13th - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Reno Ice Rink Opens Next Week
- JAKKS Pacific Donates Toys to Reno Aces & Reno 1868 FC
- Aces, Greater Nevada Field to Host World Series Watch Party
- Aces Program at Greater Nevada Field Raises More Than $61,000
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Slaughter House Halloween Attraction