Red Wings hit three home runs, score six times over final three innings for win
ROCHESTER, NY - The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders held a 5-3 lead entering the bottom of the 7th inning, but the Rochester Red Wings proved resilient with five runs between the 7th and 8th innings to rally for the 8-6 win Monday evening at Frontier Field.
Before a wonderfully packed stadium of 7,903 the Rochester Red Wings plated a pair of unearned runs in the bottom of the 1st inning off starting pitcher Randall Delgado. Rochester did not scratch another run across off Delgado until the bottom of the 6th inning when Wilin Rosario homered to tie it 3-3.
Between those runs, the RailRiders offense put three runs on the board with SWB scoring in the 2nd inning on an RBI double from Tyler Wade to score Mike Tauchman all the way from first base. Later, it was a two-run double by Trey Amburgey in the 6th inning which gave Scranton/Wilkes-Barre a tentative 3-2 lead.
After the Red Wings tied it, the RailRiders cobbled together two runs in the top of the 7th inning, but Rochester's bats were resilient. A two-run home run for Brian Schales in the bottom half of the inning tied it 5-5. An inning later, Jaylin Davis delivered the decisive blow with his go-ahead three-run homer to put the Red Wings ahead 8-5 in the eventual 8-6 victory.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Rochester wrap up its two-game series Tuesday afternoon with a 12:35 p.m. first pitch at Frontier Field. Pregame coverage with Adam Marco and Adam Giardino begins at 12:05 p.m. on the RailRiders Radio Network before returning to PNC Field to play the Buffalo Bisons in a homestand that begins Wednesday night at 7:05 p.m. For tickets and more information, call (570) 969-BALL or slide to www.swbrailriders.com/tickets.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Record:
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 24, 2019
- Bisons Remain Red-Hot on Road, Defeat Pawtucket 10-6 - Buffalo Bisons
- Keller Deals as Tribe Drop Bats, 3-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Break It Open Late, Rout Tides 13-4 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Gwinnett Punishes Tides Late - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Belt Four Homers En Route to Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- VanMeter Homers, Gennett Goes 2-For-4 in Bats' 3-1 Loss - Louisville Bats
- New Faces Pace Wings' Comeback Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Red Wings hit three home runs, score six times over final three innings for win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Drop Monday's Opener in Durham 7-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Drop Series Opener, 4-3, to IronPigs - Syracuse Mets
- Castillo's go-ahead two-run double gets win in Syracuse - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Ride Long Ball to Victory - Durham Bulls
- Alexander Named International League Pitcher of the Week - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (39-34) vs. Louisville Bats (28-47) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (28-47) at Indianapolis Indians (39-34) - Louisville Bats
- Jack Lopez Named International League Batter of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Players of the Week Named - IL
- Sportsnet 590 the FAN in Toronto to Air Nine Bisons' Games in 2019 - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Have a Blast at the Ballpark June 28 to July 3 - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- SWB RailRiders Media Advisory- Emergency Food Drive-Thru Giveaway on May 27 at PNC Field
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre participating in MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign
- RailRiders Join the Show with IL Clubs
- READing RailRoad Returns
- RailRiders Front Office Is Temporarily Closed