Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.)
June 24, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | McCoy Stadium | Pawtucket, RI | Game # 75| Road Game # 37
BUFFALO BISONS (38-36, 2nd, -6.5 North) at Pawtucket Red Sox (31-43, 6th, -13.5 North)
LHP Thomas Pannone (0-0, 2.70) vs. LHP Darwinzon Hernandez (0-0, 1.80)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening, the Bisons and Pawtucket Red Sox meet for the first of two games at McCoy Stadium. It is the first stop on a two-city road trip. Buffalo will be in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Wednesday for a three-game series that features a double header on Thursday.
Yesterday's Game: BUF 8, NOR 1
Buffalo completed the four-game sweep against Norfolk on Sunday afternoon. OF Socrates Brito and 1B Jordan Patterson both hit two-run homers in the second inning but the bullpen stole the show. They once again shutdown the Tides offense and allowed just two runs in the entire series. The Bisons have now won 14 of their last 17 games.
Pawtucket Red Sox (6-4)
Buffalo is making their second trip to Pawtucket this week. The two teams will meet again at McCoy Stadium July 11-14. The PawSox will make one more trip to Sahlen Field August 23-25.
LHP Thomas Pannone gets the start as Buffalo looks for a win to begin the series with the Red Sox. In his his last start, the lefty allowed only one hit while striking out eight of the 13 batters faced. He looks to get his first win this season during tonight's game.
Bo Bichette went 4-5 with three runs scored in the team's win on Sunday. The infielder, who had a three-hit game earlier this homestand, has hit 6-9 in his last two games. He stole second base in yesterday's game for his sixth swiped bag of the season, and later scored on Anthony Alford's triple.
Since joing the Bisons, Buddy Boshers has been steller out of the bullpen. The southpaw added to that with a scorelss inning on Sunday. Boshers allowed only one hit, and striking out two, now posting a 2.20 ERA this season in 12 games (16.1 IP).
Buffalo started the month just 2-4, including being swept in a DH by Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on 6/5. Since 6/6, the team has gone 14-3 to claim sole possession of 2nd place in the IL North behind the RailRiders...The Herd is 5-1-1 in the seven series played this month, with the lone series loss coming May 31-June 2 at Rochester...The Bisons' pitching staff's 3.49 ERA is second best in the IL in June, only trailing Toledo (3.39). Overall, they are seventh in the league with a 4.87 ERA just past the halfway point of the season.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (29-49) led the scoring in their 6-1 win over the Boston Red Sox. Marcus Stroman received the win after pitching six scoreless innings with Toronto. The Jays scored runs in the second and third before adding three more in the sixth to bring them to a 5-0 lead. The Blue Jays head to the Bronx today to play their first game of a three-game series against the New York Yankees with a 7:05 p.m. first pitch.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 24, 2019
- Bisons Remain Red-Hot on Road, Defeat Pawtucket 10-6 - Buffalo Bisons
- Keller Deals as Tribe Drop Bats, 3-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Break It Open Late, Rout Tides 13-4 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Gwinnett Punishes Tides Late - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Belt Four Homers En Route to Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- VanMeter Homers, Gennett Goes 2-For-4 in Bats' 3-1 Loss - Louisville Bats
- New Faces Pace Wings' Comeback Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Red Wings hit three home runs, score six times over final three innings for win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Drop Monday's Opener in Durham 7-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Drop Series Opener, 4-3, to IronPigs - Syracuse Mets
- Castillo's go-ahead two-run double gets win in Syracuse - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Ride Long Ball to Victory - Durham Bulls
- Alexander Named International League Pitcher of the Week - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (39-34) vs. Louisville Bats (28-47) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (28-47) at Indianapolis Indians (39-34) - Louisville Bats
- Jack Lopez Named International League Batter of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Players of the Week Named - IL
- Sportsnet 590 the FAN in Toronto to Air Nine Bisons' Games in 2019 - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Have a Blast at the Ballpark June 28 to July 3 - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bisons GM Anthony Sprague: "We Miss You, Bisons Fans."
- Buffalo Bisons Will Not Play in 2020 as Minor League Baseball Seasons Are Canceled
- Malacaro Joins Blue Jays Minor League Announcers in 'Around the Nest'
- Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation Donates $20,000 to City of Buffalo's COVID-19 Initiatives
- Mayor Byron Brown Thanks the Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation for Supporting Community During COVID-19 Crisis