Bisons Belt Four Homers En Route to Win
PAWTUCKET, R.I. -Thanks to two home runs apiece from Jonathan Davis and Patrick Kivlehan, the Buffalo Bisons (39-36) took game one of this brief two-game set with the Pawtucket Red Sox (31-44) on Monday night by a 10-5 final.
Buffalo jumped out to a 2-0 in the first inning. After Darwinzon Hernandez walked the lead-off hitter Bo Bichette, he struck out Socrates Brito, but then Davis drove a two-run shot over the left field wall.
The Bisons added three in the third inning. Kivlehan hit a two-run homer to make it 4-0. Later in the inning, Alen Hanson pulled a double down the left-field line to bring home Buffalo's fifth run.
Pawtucket got on the board in the fourth inning after Sam Travis lined an opposite-field home run.
Buffalo exploded for five runs in the sixth, four of which came on the second home runs on the night for both Davis and Kivlehan.
In the bottom of the sixth, Pawtucket scored four times. Rusney Castillo and Bryce Brentz belted back-to-back home runs. For Brentz, it was his third-straight game with a home run.
The rehabbing Tyler Thornburg worked the sixth. In his sixth rehab appearance, Thornburg allowed 5 earned runs on 5 hits (2 home runs). He threw 21 pitches, 16 of which were strikes.
With his second-inning single, Travis extended his on-base streak to 33 consecutive games, three shy of the highest such streak in the International League this season. Travis Demeritte of the Gwinnett Stripers owns the longest on-base streak of the season (36 games).
In his second start at the Triple-A level, the left-hander Hernandez went 3 innings giving up 5 earned runs on 4 hits and 5 walks.
The PawSox wrap up this two-game series with the Bisons at McCoy beginning tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. Pawtucket right-hander Erasmo Ramirez (2-3, 4.91) is scheduled to oppose Bisons lefty Ryan Feieraband (4-2, 5.40).
Radio coverage on WHJJ (920 AM and 104.7 FM) and throughout the PawSox Radio Network begins with the pre-game show at 6:35 p.m.
Tomorrow marks another Osos Polares night at the ballpark.
After a five-game road trip through Syracuse and Rochester, the PawSox return home July 1-3 against the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. Patriotic-themed fireworks will follow all three 6:05 p.m. games.
Good tickets are available, and fans can visit the McCoy Stadium box office, which is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. through 5 p.m., and during all home games. Fans can also call (401) 724-7300 or log on to PawSox.com for tickets.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 24, 2019
- Bisons Remain Red-Hot on Road, Defeat Pawtucket 10-6 - Buffalo Bisons
- Keller Deals as Tribe Drop Bats, 3-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Stripers Break It Open Late, Rout Tides 13-4 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Gwinnett Punishes Tides Late - Norfolk Tides
- Bisons Belt Four Homers En Route to Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- VanMeter Homers, Gennett Goes 2-For-4 in Bats' 3-1 Loss - Louisville Bats
- New Faces Pace Wings' Comeback Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Red Wings hit three home runs, score six times over final three innings for win - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Knights Drop Monday's Opener in Durham 7-2 - Charlotte Knights
- Mets Drop Series Opener, 4-3, to IronPigs - Syracuse Mets
- Castillo's go-ahead two-run double gets win in Syracuse - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Ride Long Ball to Victory - Durham Bulls
- Alexander Named International League Pitcher of the Week - Toledo Mud Hens
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (39-34) vs. Louisville Bats (28-47) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (28-47) at Indianapolis Indians (39-34) - Louisville Bats
- Jack Lopez Named International League Batter of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- International League Players of the Week Named - IL
- Sportsnet 590 the FAN in Toronto to Air Nine Bisons' Games in 2019 - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Have a Blast at the Ballpark June 28 to July 3 - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.