Rampage Weekly Report - October 8
San Antonio, TX - The San Antonio Rampage opened the 2018-19 season with a shutout victory on Saturday night against the Grand Rapids Griffins and now continue their season-opening home stand with three games against several opponents who once called the AT&T Center home. The Milwaukee Admirals visit on Tuesday for the first of eight meetings this season, with former Rampage forward Rocco Grimaldi making his return to San Antonio just three days after netting the overtime winner in his Admiral debut. On Friday and Saturday, the Colorado Eagles make their first visit to San Antonio. The new affiliates of the Colorado Avalanche, the Eagles' roster lists 16 players that saw game action with the Rampage last season.
- F Trevor Smith netted San Antonio's first goal of the 2018-19 season.
- G Ville Husso registered his sixth career shutout, and fifth with the Rampage. Husso has held opponents to one goal or less in 11 starts with the Rampage.
- F Brian Flynn is eight games shy of 400 games played in his professional career (AHL and NHL). He is eight points shy of 150 for his professional career
- F Jordan Nolan is two points shy of 100 for his professional career (NHL, AHL, and ECHL). He is eight penalty minutes shy of 600 for his professional career.
- Admiral forward Rocco Grimaldi totaled 60 goals and 128 points in 185 games for the Rampage over three seasons. He scored 29 goals at the AT&T Center.
- D Chris Butler scored a goal on Saturday night during his NHL call-up to St. Louis in a game against the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Head Coach Drew Bannister notched his first AHL head coaching victory in his debut.
- The Rampage earned a shutout victory in their season opener for the first time in franchise history.
- San Antonio notched the first shutout in the American Hockey League this season.
- San Antonio has won four of the last five home openers and is 12-5-0 all-time in the season's first game at AT&T Center.
- Three players (Smith, LaLeggia, Olsen) scored their first goal for the Rampage on Saturday.
- The Rampage were one of five teams in the Central Division to win their season opener.
- Eight Rampage players earned a point on Saturday night against Grand Rapids.
- The Rampage snapped an eight-game winless drought against the Griffins that dated back to 2/15/17.
- St. Louis Blues assign F Chris Thorburn, F Zach Sanford, D Jake Walman, and G Ville Husso to the Rampage - 10/2
- St. Louis Blues recall F Chris Thorburn from the Rampage - 10/5
- St. Louis Blues assign D Niko Mikkola to the Rampage- 10/5
- St. Louis Blues assign D Chris Butler to the Rampage- 10/7
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 8, 2018
- Rampage Weekly Report - October 8 - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Weekly - Tucson Roadrunners
- Last Week Today: Out of the Gate - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Reveal Promotional Schedule for 25th Anniversary Season - Chicago Wolves
- Monsters Take Down Marlies, 5-3 - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners College Nights Start Next Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Cole Kehler Re-Assigned to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Globetrotters Coming to Utica on Fan Powered World Tour Thursday, February 7 - Utica Comets
- Iowa Wild Announces Dropkick Murphys Concert for February 22 - Iowa Wild
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 8-14 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Marlies Hit Home Ice for First Time this Season - Toronto Marlies
- Chicago Wolves Insider - Chicago Wolves
- Kamenev Called up to Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Griffins Set Promotions for Friday's Home Opener - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Florida Panthers Recall G Michael Hutchinson from Springfield (AHL) on Emergency Basis - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids