Rampage acquire Joe Cullen from Edmonton
SAN ANTONIO - Jan. 3, 2005 - The San Antonio Rampage announced today that the club has acquired on loan center Joe Cullen from the Edmonton Road Runners and in exchange have loaned left wing Eric Beaudoin to the Road Runners.
Cullen, 23, has played in 30 games with Edmonton this season, recording nine assists and 12 points with 16 penalty minutes. The 6-foot-1, 210-pound forward registered 16 assists and 30 points for the Toronto Road Runners last season. His 14 goals last season led all Road Runners rookies.
In his career, the Moorhead, Minnesota native played four seasons (2000-01) with the NCAA's Colorado College Tigers. He collected 32 goals and 45 assists for 77 points in 148 games while earning an Economics degree. He ranked 5th in team scoring with 20-15-35 totals during his last season with the Tigers.
Beaudoin, 24, has played in 32 games with the Rampage, recording six goals and four assists for 10 points.
The Rampage (14-16-2-4) host the Worcester IceCats on Jan. 7 at the SBC Center at 7 p.m. The Rampage will be recognizing Elvis Presley's 70th birthday (Jan. 8, 1935) with a look-alike contest and encourage fans to participate. They will also have a professional impersonator that will perform during intermissions. All regular season games can be heard on the Rampage's flagship station "The Ticket" 760 AM (subject to conflicts). Ticket packages for the Rampage's 2004-05 season are on sale now. For ticket information, please call (210) 444-5050 or visit www.sarampage.com
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 3, 2005
- Best of both worlds at MTS Centre Tuesday night - Manitoba Moose
- E Center/West Valley City Fire Dept. raise funds for tsunami victims - Utah Grizzlies
- Bruins continue road swing this week - Providence Bruins
- Bulldogs to play five games this week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- River Rats to begin home stretch - Albany River Rats
- Penguins recall Sabourin, send Chiodo to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Haydar Named Player of the Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ken Daneyko to appear at January 15th Rats game - Albany River Rats
- Three cheers for the red, white and blue - AHL
- Wolves Weekly - Chicago Wolves
- Motzko Extends Point Streak - Syracuse Crunch
- Yarema Heads List Of Roster Moves - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals' Haydar named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Binghamton Senators Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Patrick Sharp Named Toyota Phantoms Player of the Month - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers end home-stand and 2004, begin seven-game road stretch - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Road Runners acquire Beaudoin in trade with Rampage - Edmonton Road Runners
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton downed in Shootout - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Admirals defeat division-leading Philadelphia, split pair with Houston - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage acquire Joe Cullen from Edmonton - San Antonio Rampage
- Aeros Weekly Report - Houston Aeros
- Bears roar into 2005 with four straight wins, Albany up next - Hershey Bears
- Auld rejoins Moose, McVicar reassigned - Manitoba Moose
- Moose thump Wolves 6-0 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.