Rafters Start Final Series of Road Trip with Bombers
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - The Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (29-32, 14-12 2nd half) head to C.O. Brown Stadium to face the Battle Creek Bombers (30-32, 14-13 2nd half). The Rafters are 3-1 against Battle Creek this season. In their last meeting, the Rafters swept Battler Creek in a weekend series just before July's All-Star Break. Wisconsin Rapids is tied for third with Fond du Lac in the second half South Division standings, 3.5 games out of first. The cranberry and gold are also two games out of the top four in the South Division with the Bombers a half-game ahead of them.
Wisconsin Rapids is coming off a sweep of the Growlers in a day/night doubleheader yesterday. The Rafters won a close one 2-1 in game one and dominated 12-4 in the nightcap. The Rafters took five out of eight games this season facing Kalamazoo.
Tonight, Trayson Kubo (6-1, 1.29 ERA) gets the start for the Rafters. Kubo earned his sixth win in his last start at home facing the Lakeshore Chinooks. In his third quality start of 2018, Kubo struck out seven Chinooks and just allowed two runs (one earned) in 6.2 innings. The Waipahu, HI native has struck 46 batters in 48.2 innings.
The Bombers will counter with Michael McCraith (3-3, 3.43 ERA). The junior from Wheaton College will be making his 11th start for Battle Creek. In 52.1 innings pitched, McCraith has allowed 28 runs on 53 hits, struck out 43 and walked 19. McCraith faced the Rafters at Witter Field back on June 6th where he threw six shutout innings in his first win of the summer.
First pitch from C.O. Brown Stadium is 6:05 pm CT/7:05 pm ET.
Images from this story
Wisconsin Rapids Rafters pitcher Trayson Kubo
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 2, 2018
- Warren Shines on the Mound, Rox Beat Honkers - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Win Big Behind McCraith's Gem on the Mound - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Blow Chinooks out of the Water - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Twice - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- â??Rockford loses late lead and falls to Green Bay 4-3 - Rockford Rivets
- Honkers Shutout at Home - Rochester Honkers
- Late Comeback Falls Short, Bucks Drop 8-6 Final to Loggers - Waterloo Bucks
- Growlers Top Dock Spiders in a Close One - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Former Rox Alex McRae Makes MLB Debut - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Start Final Series of Road Trip with Bombers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Battle Creek Sweeps Double Header against the Woodchucks - Battle Creek Bombers
- Former St. Cloud Rox Pitcher Alex McRae Debuts with the Pirates - Northwoods
- Frogs Swept in Doubleheader by Dock Spiders - Green Bay Booyah
- Rivets Bounce back for Doubleheader Split - Rockford Rivets
- Just Like That, the Stingers Are Back in First - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters' Early Offense Delivers Sweep of Growlers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.