â??Rockford loses late lead and falls to Green Bay 4-3
Loves Park, Il. - The Green Bay Bullfrogs (24-39) defeated the Rockford Rivets (27-35) at Rivets Stadium on Thursday night in a 4-3 final.
The Rivets would strike first in the third inning when center fielder Brennan Reback Tripled to score first baseman Jimmy Day.
Reback would pick up his second RBI of the game in the fifth inning when he doubled to score third baseman Parker Kelly and put the Rivets ahead 2-0. Reback would finish with two RBI's and two hits, while catcher Logan Michaels picked up the other RBI for Rockford.
They would lead the Bullfrogs by a score of 3-2 at the end of the seventh inning, but after a two run eighth Green Bay would eventually go on and win.
"We didn't have many guys on base tonight," Rivet's Manager Brian Smith said after Thursday's loss to Green Bay. "Their pitcher was an All-Star for a reason and he kept us off balance all night. Brennan Reback was the only guy who saw him really well today and obviously showed it with a triple and a double."
Tyler "Big Country" Thornton pitched 6.1 innings while allowing only one earned run and striking out five Bullfrogs on the night. Cade Bunnell would finish the night with one hit and a run on the offensive side of the ball, but also picked up the loss on the mound, when he came in for relief in the eighth inning.
Rockford will look to bounce back tomorrow at 6:35 pm when they play the Bullfrogs at 6:35 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 2, 2018
- Warren Shines on the Mound, Rox Beat Honkers - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Win Big Behind McCraith's Gem on the Mound - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Blow Chinooks out of the Water - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Twice - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- â??Rockford loses late lead and falls to Green Bay 4-3 - Rockford Rivets
- Honkers Shutout at Home - Rochester Honkers
- Late Comeback Falls Short, Bucks Drop 8-6 Final to Loggers - Waterloo Bucks
- Growlers Top Dock Spiders in a Close One - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Former Rox Alex McRae Makes MLB Debut - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Start Final Series of Road Trip with Bombers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Battle Creek Sweeps Double Header against the Woodchucks - Battle Creek Bombers
- Former St. Cloud Rox Pitcher Alex McRae Debuts with the Pirates - Northwoods
- Frogs Swept in Doubleheader by Dock Spiders - Green Bay Booyah
- Rivets Bounce back for Doubleheader Split - Rockford Rivets
- Just Like That, the Stingers Are Back in First - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters' Early Offense Delivers Sweep of Growlers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.