Warren Shines on the Mound, Rox Beat Honkers
Rochester, MN - Will Warren (Southeastern Louisiana) tossed 8.0 innings and surrendered just one hit while striking out eight batters in St. Cloud's (30-33) 2-0 win over Rochester. Ryan Weisenberg (Georgetown) paced the offense, going 3-4 at the plate while recording the lone RBI of the game.
The scoring began in the fifth inning, when Landon Stephens (Miami-Ohio) drilled a double into right-center field. Weisenberg later singled into center field and scored Stephens from second base.
In the seventh inning, it was Stephens scoring once again.. This time, he was brought home from third base on a balk call. Those two runs were all the scoring St. Cloud needed in the win.
Following Warren's eight shutout innings on the mound, Finn Del Bonta-Smith (San Jose State) earned his sixth save of the season. He struck out two batters in the ninth inning.
St. Cloud will play Rochester one last time in the regular season tomorrow at 7:05. The game will be at Mayo Field. Following the two-game road series, the Rox return to the Rock Pile this weekend to host the Waterloo Bucks. On Saturday, it's Hometown Heroes Night presented by Capital One. Five local heroes will be recognized. It's also Championship Chisel Bobblehead giveaway to the first 500 fans.
The Rox are in their seventh season of Northwoods League Baseball in 2018. Single game and group tickets for the entire season are on sale now. For more information on purchasing tickets, visit the Rox Ticket Office on the west end of the Municipal Athletic Complex, call 320-240-9798 or visit www.stcloudrox.com.
Images from this story
St. Cloud Rox pitcher Will Warren
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 2, 2018
- Warren Shines on the Mound, Rox Beat Honkers - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Win Big Behind McCraith's Gem on the Mound - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Blow Chinooks out of the Water - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Twice - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- â??Rockford loses late lead and falls to Green Bay 4-3 - Rockford Rivets
- Honkers Shutout at Home - Rochester Honkers
- Late Comeback Falls Short, Bucks Drop 8-6 Final to Loggers - Waterloo Bucks
- Growlers Top Dock Spiders in a Close One - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Former Rox Alex McRae Makes MLB Debut - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Start Final Series of Road Trip with Bombers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Battle Creek Sweeps Double Header against the Woodchucks - Battle Creek Bombers
- Former St. Cloud Rox Pitcher Alex McRae Debuts with the Pirates - Northwoods
- Frogs Swept in Doubleheader by Dock Spiders - Green Bay Booyah
- Rivets Bounce back for Doubleheader Split - Rockford Rivets
- Just Like That, the Stingers Are Back in First - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters' Early Offense Delivers Sweep of Growlers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent St. Cloud Rox Stories
- Rox Announce Schedule for 2020 Season
- Rodriguez to Return as Rox Field Manager in 2020 Along with Assistants Bellamy and Miklos
- Rox Raise Record $76,255 for Charity During 2019 Season
- Rox Close Historic 2019 Season with Many Highlights
- St. Cloud Battles with Willmar, Falls to Stingers in the Playoffs