Woodchucks Lose Twice
The Wisconsin Woodchucks played game number one of a doubleheader on the road against the Kenosha Kingfish late this afternoon. They played a relatively close game, exchanging leads throughout the game. With the game tied at 2, a Trey Horton wild pitch that allowed the Kingfish to score a run in the bottom of the 5th inning would be the difference as the Chucks dropped the game 3-2.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks played game number two against the Kenosha Kingfish in what was a night to forget. The game was over before it began with the Kingfish scoring 2 runs in the 1st inning and 5 runs in the 2nd. The Chucks never got their bats going, totaling only 6 hits for the game. Although, they did break the shutout in the 7th with a Brandt Broussard RBI fielders choice and HBP off Zach Deloach that brought a runner home. With the 9-2 defeat, the Woodchucks are now more than 6 games back and on the outside looking in for a playoff berth.
The top of the lineup led the way for the Chucks in game one, Reese Alexiades had a Sac Fly RBI early in the game and leadoff hitter Javier Valdes was a solid 3 for 3 at the plate, including an RBI Single in the top half of the 5th that tied the game
In game 2, Reese Alexiades led the charge with 2 hits for the Woodchucks at the plate. All-Star pitcher Frank Frate and Colton Bauer each provided two innings of relief, allowing 1 earned run respectively.
The Wisconsin Woodchucks will be back at home at Athletic Park on Saturday, August 4th as they host the Kalamazoo Growlers. First pitch is at 6:35 PM. It is Hooray for Bowling Night at the ballpark with a special ticket package included presented by Dale's Weston Lanes. Be sure to pre-order tickets. Also enjoy Saturday night with Cellcom's post-game fireworks set to Florida Georgia Line hits. For tickets, call us at 715.845.5055, stop by our front office, or visit woodchucks.com.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 2, 2018
- Warren Shines on the Mound, Rox Beat Honkers - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Win Big Behind McCraith's Gem on the Mound - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Blow Chinooks out of the Water - Madison Mallards
- Woodchucks Lose Twice - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- â??Rockford loses late lead and falls to Green Bay 4-3 - Rockford Rivets
- Honkers Shutout at Home - Rochester Honkers
- Late Comeback Falls Short, Bucks Drop 8-6 Final to Loggers - Waterloo Bucks
- Growlers Top Dock Spiders in a Close One - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Former Rox Alex McRae Makes MLB Debut - St. Cloud Rox
- Rafters Start Final Series of Road Trip with Bombers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Battle Creek Sweeps Double Header against the Woodchucks - Battle Creek Bombers
- Former St. Cloud Rox Pitcher Alex McRae Debuts with the Pirates - Northwoods
- Frogs Swept in Doubleheader by Dock Spiders - Green Bay Booyah
- Rivets Bounce back for Doubleheader Split - Rockford Rivets
- Just Like That, the Stingers Are Back in First - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters' Early Offense Delivers Sweep of Growlers - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.