Queen Reaches Career High in Win against Salt Lake City Stars
EDINBURG, Texas - The Rio Grande Valley Vipers (3-3), NBA G league affiliate of the Houston Rockets, obtained a 130-93 victory over the Salt Lake City Stars (3-4) on Friday night.
With 5:13 into the game Houston Rockets two-way player Trevelin Queen had already scored in the double digits and accounted for half of the team's points. Queen's 10 points helped the Vipers grasp a 19-11 lead from the Stars with 6:47 remaining in the first quarter. Going into the half the Vipers pulled away from the Stars with a 15-point lead sending the game into a halftime score of 64-49. RGV extended its lead even further after the third quarter as they lead the game 97-76. The Vipers would go on to win the game 130-93.
Queen obtained a career high in points with 36. He also posted six rebounds and five steals. Houston Rockets two-way player Daishen Nix finished the night with 17 points, eight rebounds and nine assists. Christian Vital made a 14-point contribution to the team. Houston Rockets assignee Usman Garuba and Trhae Mitchell both tallied 13 points. Anthony Lamb and Marcus Foster tied with 12 points and five rebounds.
Carsen Edwards led the Stars with 26 points. Utah Jazz assignee Jared Butler posted 14 points and seven assists. Derrick Alston Jr. finished the night with 11 points. Utah Jazz assignee Zylan Cheatham grasped a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
The Vipers are back on the Bert Ogden Arena court on Saturday, January 22 with tip-off set at 7:30 pm CST against Salt Lake City Stars. The game will feature a Star Wars theme night. The first 500 fans in attendance will receive an exclusive Star Wars themed poster. Attendees can also enter to win a pair of Bose headphones brought to you by Millennium Document System's. The first 1000 fans will also receive a 2022 Vipers magnetic calendar brought to you by Grifols-Biomat USA. www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2022
- Stars Align for Vipers as Nix Drops 30 on Star Wars Night - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Sweep Two-Game Set against Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Windy City Drops Close One to Capital City - Windy City Bulls
- Swarm Drop Tight Battle with Blue Coats - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Falls in Oklahoma City on Saturday Night, 117-113 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Gold Snag Win against Fort Wayne in Final Seconds of the Fourth 124-122 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Maine Celtics Shatter Two Franchise Records in Blowout Win - Maine Celtics
- Capital City Claims T.J. Cline - Capital City Go-Go
- Charge Drop Pair to Raptors 905 - Cleveland Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Partners with United Airlines to Support Special Olympics Wisconsin - Wisconsin Herd
- New Orleans Pelicans Assign Naji Marshall and Trey Murphy III to Birmingham Squadron - Birmingham Squadron
- Carlik Jones Comes up Clutch in OT at OKC - Texas Legends
- Queen Fuels Vipers Past Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Queen Reaches Career High in Win against Salt Lake City Stars - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Spurs Take down Memphis, 114-107 - Austin Spurs
- Lakers Take Down Squadron at Home, 123-109 - Birmingham Squadron
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Queen and Lamb Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- Vipers Crowned 2022 NBA G League Champions
- Vipers Clinch Win over Delaware in First Game of the G League Finals
- Best in the West: Vipers Crowned Western Conference Champions
- Vipers to Host Conference Finals at Home