Stars Align for Vipers as Nix Drops 30 on Star Wars Night
EDINBURG, Texas - In a two game home series the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (4-3), NBA G league affiliate of the Houston Rockets, achieved a 146-122 victory over the Salt Lake City Stars (3-5) on Saturday night.
The Vipers closed out the first half with a strong 76-55 lead over the Stars. During the third quarter RGV pulled away with a 33-point lead with 4:21 remaining in the quarter. The Vipers maintained a 31-point lead over the Stars to send the game into the fourth quarter 114-83. The biggest lead that the Vipers had in the night was in the fourth quarter by 35 points with a score of 136-101. At the end of the quarter RGV grasped a 24-point lead and ended the game 146-122 in favor of the Vipers.
Houston Rockets two-way player Daishen Nix led the way for the Vipers with 30 points. Marcus Foster came off the bench for the Vipers and dished out a career-high 25 points. Houston Rockets two-way player Trevelin Queen put up 22 points, five rebounds and five assists. Christian Vital totaled 20 points, four rebounds and three assists. Anthony Lamb shot for 16 points, seven rebounds and four assists. Terrance Ferguson finished the night with 15 points and five rebounds.
Carsen Edwards led the night in points with 38 points. Derrick Alston Jr. summed up 20 points and five rebounds. Utah Jazz assignee Jared Butler finished with 18 points, five rebounds and six assists. Yoeli Childs managed to reach a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Rayvonte Rice scored 11 points off the bench. J.J. Avila finished with 11 rebounds.
RGV will return to its home court on Tuesday, January 25 with tip-off set at 7:30 p.m. CST against Santa Cruz. The first 500 kids in attendance will receive a free Vipers t-shirt in celebration of Kids Day Game. Children 12 and under will also receive a free admission to the game. For more information visit www.rgvipers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 22, 2022
- Stars Align for Vipers as Nix Drops 30 on Star Wars Night - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Vipers Sweep Two-Game Set against Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Windy City Drops Close One to Capital City - Windy City Bulls
- Swarm Drop Tight Battle with Blue Coats - Greensboro Swarm
- Santa Cruz Falls in Oklahoma City on Saturday Night, 117-113 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Gold Snag Win against Fort Wayne in Final Seconds of the Fourth 124-122 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Maine Celtics Shatter Two Franchise Records in Blowout Win - Maine Celtics
- Capital City Claims T.J. Cline - Capital City Go-Go
- Charge Drop Pair to Raptors 905 - Cleveland Charge
- Wisconsin Herd Partners with United Airlines to Support Special Olympics Wisconsin - Wisconsin Herd
- New Orleans Pelicans Assign Naji Marshall and Trey Murphy III to Birmingham Squadron - Birmingham Squadron
- Carlik Jones Comes up Clutch in OT at OKC - Texas Legends
- Queen Fuels Vipers Past Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Queen Reaches Career High in Win against Salt Lake City Stars - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Spurs Take down Memphis, 114-107 - Austin Spurs
- Lakers Take Down Squadron at Home, 123-109 - Birmingham Squadron
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rio Grande Valley Vipers Stories
- Queen and Lamb Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- Vipers Crowned 2022 NBA G League Champions
- Vipers Clinch Win over Delaware in First Game of the G League Finals
- Best in the West: Vipers Crowned Western Conference Champions
- Vipers to Host Conference Finals at Home