Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Miami FC
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC looks to avoid dropping its first three home matches in a season since 2016 when it hosts Miami FC at 7 p.m. on Saturday, June 12 at Highmark Stadium. The match will be televised locally on 22 The Point and streamed via ESPN+.
Although the clubs will meet four times this season, Saturday's game marks their first-ever matchup. The Hounds host them twice before making the trek to Riccardo Silva Stadium for the first time at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 2.
The match will be head coach Bob Lilley's 100th game in all competitions leading the Hounds, while defender Jordan Dover is one appearance away from 100 USL regular-season matches.
In their last match, the Hounds (2-3-1) dominated possession with more than 70 percent of the ball, but they ultimately could not put a shot in the back of the net, falling to Austin Bold FC 1-0. Meanwhile, Miami (3-3-0) took a two-goal lead into the locker room on the same day but lost to Rio Grande Valley FC, 4-2, after playing the last 34 minutes with 10 men.
Former Riverhounds forward Christiano François, who notched six goals last season with Reno 1868 FC, is among the influx of scoring Miami added in the offseason. Not present will be former Robert Morris University standout Speedy Williams, who is away with the Jamaican National Team.
The Hounds play three matches in the next seven days, but a win Saturday could be crucial and vault the Hounds as high as third place in the Atlantic Division.
For tickets to Saturday's game, visit the Single Game Tickets page or go to Ticketmaster.com.
To see Riverhounds SC's complete 2021 schedule visit riverhounds.com/game-schedule.
Date: Saturday, June 12
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Highmark Stadium, Pittsburgh, Pa.
TV: 22 The Point
Live Statistics: USL Championship Match Center
Live Updates: Twitter at @RiverhoundsSC and #PITvMIA
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 10, 2021
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Miami FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- What to Watch this Weekend Across the USL: Week 8 - Sacramento Republic FC
- Santi Moar Named USL Player of the Month - Phoenix Rising FC
- SD Loyal to Host Club Tijuana Xolos in International Friendly - San Diego Loyal
- Energy FC Brings Back Club Legend Gareth Evans as Assistant Coach - OKC Energy FC
- The Canterbury Football Club and Glendale Soccer Association Become Newest Members of Indy Eleven Youth Soccer Program - Indy Eleven
- Three Takeaways from #SLCvSAC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Phoenix's Own, Tate Schmitt Joins Rising FC on Loan from Major League Soccer Side Real Salt Lake - Phoenix Rising FC
- Phoenix's Santi Moar Voted Championship's Player of the Month - USL
- Muir Orthopaedic Specialists to Serve as Oakland Roots Official Team Physician Partner - Oakland Roots
- Lights FC Head Coach Cherundolo Inducted into National Soccer Hall of Fame - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Game Information and Match Notes - SAFC at Las Vegas Lights - San Antonio FC
- Hartford Athletic to Host Western Mass Pioneers in Friendly - Hartford Athletic
- Oakland Roots Partners with Anthem, Puma and Town Kitchen to Support Youth Soccer in Oakland - Oakland Roots
- SRFC Trio Wrap up First Round World Cup Qualifying - Sacramento Republic FC
- Republic FC fall on the road to the 2019 USL title-winners - Sacramento Republic FC
- Real Monarchs Earn First Victory of 2021, Topping Sacramento Republic FC 2-0 - Real Monarchs SLC
- El Paso Locomotive Dismantles Indy Eleven, 2-0 - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Tumi Moshobane Scores in SD Loyal Draw against Orange County SC - San Diego Loyal
- Goalkeeper Jordan Farr's Six Saves Not Enough to Stop El Paso Attack - Indy Eleven
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.