Pittsburgh Recalls Drew O'connor
The Pittsburgh Penguins have recalled forward Drew O'Connor from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins of the American Hockey League, it was announced today by general manager Ron Hextall.
Forward Bryan Rust has been placed on injured reserve retroactive to Nov. 26.
O'Connor, 23, has split the season between Pittsburgh and WBS. With Pittsburgh, O'Connor has established career highs in games played (12), goals (3), assists (2), points (5) and plus-minus (+2) this season. In five games with WBS, he's picked up five points (3G-2A) while his 1.00 points-per-game average is tops on the team.
The 6-foot-3, 200-pound native of Chatham, New Jersey has played parts of two seasons with Pittsburgh, appearing in 22 career NHL games and accumulating six points (3G-3A). In 25 career AHL games, all with WBS, O'Connor has recorded 10 goals, 14 assists and 24 points.
O'Connor was originally signed as an undrafted free agent on March 10, 2020.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is on the road for its next game on Friday, Dec. 3 against the Syracuse Crunch. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. at Upstate Medical University Arena at The Oncenter War Memorial.
The Penguins return home to face off against the Charlotte Checkers the next day on Saturday, Dec. 4 for their annual Teddy Bear Toss Game at 6:05pm.
Support Tobyhanna Operation Santa Claus by bringing a new, unwrapped, stuffed animal to the game and toss it onto the ice after the Penguins first goal. All toys will be collected and distributed to children in need throughout northeast Pennsylvania. Tobyhanna Operation Santa Claus is a charitable private organization operating at Tobyhanna Army Depot.
McDonanld's FAN-Tastic Packages including a ticket to the game, a McDonald's Meal Voucher and a pair of Penguins Texting Gloves, are available for the game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2021
- Wolves Insider: First-Place Showdown Looms - Chicago Wolves
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Cruising to Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Triumph Through Tragedy: Mikey DiPietro and Hockey Fights Cancer - Abbotsford Canucks
- Red Wings Recall Kyle Criscuolo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kaut Reassigned to Eagles, Miner Headed to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Dallas Stars Recall Yauheni Aksiantsiuk from Idaho to Texas - Texas Stars
- Abbotsford Canucks vs Ontario Reign Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- Weekly Report: a Grueling Week, Daccord Stands Tall and More - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Weekly: IceHogs Hit the Road for Three-Game Trek to Start December - Rockford IceHogs
- Bunnaman and Willman Loaned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- San Diego Gulls Forward Brayden Tracey Named AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Brayden Tracey Named AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Groulx Re-Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Wolf Pack Recall Taylor from Loan; Brassard Assigned to ECHL Jacksonville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Gabe Fortier from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Pittsburgh Recalls Drew O'connor - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Panthers Recall Aleksi Heponiemi and Matt Kiersted - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.