Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Gabe Fortier from Syracuse Crunch
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled forward Gabe Fortier from the Syracuse Crunch today, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced. Additionally, the Crunch have signed forward Aaron Luchuk to a professional tryout contract.
Fortier, 5-foot-10, 173 pounds, has played in 17 games with the Crunch this season, recording four goals and 11 points with a plus-3 rating. He ranks third on Syracuse for points, is tied for third for goals and leads all forwards for plus/minus with a plus-3 rating.
The Lachine, Quebec, native has skated in 51 career AHL games, all with the Crunch, since 2018, registering 10 goals and 21 points.
Fortier was drafted by Tampa Bay in the second round, 59th overall, of the 2018 NHL Draft.
Luchuk, 24, has skated in 16 games with the Orlando Solar Bears this season tallying nine goals and 13 assists. Last season, the 5-foot-10, 181-pound forward led the ECHL with 74 points (28g, 46a) in 72 games with the Solar Bears.
Single game tickets and ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the Upstate Medical University Arena at Onondaga County War Memorial at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 29, 2021
- Wolves Insider: First-Place Showdown Looms - Chicago Wolves
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Cruising to Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Triumph Through Tragedy: Mikey DiPietro and Hockey Fights Cancer - Abbotsford Canucks
- Red Wings Recall Kyle Criscuolo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kaut Reassigned to Eagles, Miner Headed to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Dallas Stars Recall Yauheni Aksiantsiuk from Idaho to Texas - Texas Stars
- Abbotsford Canucks vs Ontario Reign Preview - Abbotsford Canucks
- Weekly Report: a Grueling Week, Daccord Stands Tall and More - Charlotte Checkers
- Hogs Weekly: IceHogs Hit the Road for Three-Game Trek to Start December - Rockford IceHogs
- Bunnaman and Willman Loaned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- San Diego Gulls Forward Brayden Tracey Named AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Brayden Tracey Named AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Groulx Re-Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Wolf Pack Recall Taylor from Loan; Brassard Assigned to ECHL Jacksonville - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Gabe Fortier from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Pittsburgh Recalls Drew O'connor - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Panthers Recall Aleksi Heponiemi and Matt Kiersted - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.