Penguins Sign Defenseman Dylan Macpherson to PTO
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have signed defenseman Dylan MacPherson to a professional tryout agreement.
MacPherson, 22, joined Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's training camp on a PTO and played six games for the Penguins in February and March. The second-year pro posted an assist in a win over Hershey on Feb. 24 as his only point in those six games.
The blueliner from Redcliff, Alberta has spent the rest of the 2020-21 campaign with the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers. In 18 contests with Wheeling, MacPherson has seven assists, eight penalty minutes and a plus-1 rating.
MacPherson spent the previous season in the Springfield Thunderbirds organization, splitting his rookie year as a pro between Springfield and the Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL). MacPherson posted an assist in four career games with the Thunderbirds, and he earned 17 points (4G-13A) in 54 games in Greenville.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is Saturday, Apr. 24, a 1:00 p.m. matinée against the Hershey Bears. At Giant Center. The Penguins' next home game is Sunday, Apr. 25, also against the Bears. Puck drop between the Penguins and Bears is slated for 5:00 p.m. Tickets to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's remaining home games in April are available to the general public now and can be purchased by calling (570) 208-7367.
Fans can renew their season ticket packages with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton or become a new Penguins season ticket holder by calling the team's front office directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 21, 2021
- Penguins Sign Defenseman Dylan Macpherson to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Fulcher Makes 27 Saves in Comeback Win over Cleveland - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Return to Game Action - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 7-6 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Power Play Overpowers Phantoms in 6-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Comets Return to Winning Ways on the Back of Hofer - Utica Comets
- Cleveland Stumbles in 2-1 Loss to Grand Rapids - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Blank Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 11 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Roadrunners Increase Seating Capacity for May Home Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Florida Panthers Reassign Defenseman Alec Rauhauser from Syracuse Crunch to Greenville Swamp Rabbits - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, April 21st - Belleville Senators
- Tonight's Wolves Game Versus Rockford Postponed - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Fulcher Returns, Boyle Heads to Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change for Providence Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Barracuda Overwhelmed by Gulls 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Forge Tie for First with 5-1 Victory - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Reveal 2021-22 Promotional Schedule
- Pittsburgh to Host Development Camp
- Individual Game Tickets Go on Sale Wednesday, September 15
- USA Olympic Team to Have WBS Feel
- Pittsburgh Signs Goaltender Louis Domingue