Comets Blank Devils, 3-0
UTICA - Joel Hofer stopped all 40 shots he faced as the Utica Comets blanked the Binghamton Devils on Wednesday night, 3-0, inside Adirondack Bank Center.
After no scoring for the most of the first two periods, Utica's Tanner Kaspick gave the Comets a 1-0 lead. From the right circle, Kaspick fired a shot over the left shoulder of goaltender Mareks Mitens for his first of the year assisted by Tyler Tucker and Ethan Keppen. The goal came with 2:28 left in the second period and the Comets took the one-goal lead into the third. Shots favored the Devils, 23-12.
In the third period, Mitch Reinke cashed in on a power-play chance to give the Comets a 2-0 lead. The shot from the point beat Mitens on his left side at the 8:15 mark of the final period. The goal was Reinke's second of the year from Lukas Jasek and Sam Anas.
Will Lockwood scored on a shorthanded breakaway chance to give the Comets a three-goal lead in the third. Lockwood took a great pass from Reinke and beat Mitens on the deke to give Utica a 3-0 lead at 11:20 of the third period. Reinke picked up the lone assist and that held up as the final score.
Mitens stopped 15 shots in the loss while Joel Hofer stopped all 41 shots he faced for the shutout win.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils vs. the Utica Comets
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 21, 2021
- Penguins Sign Defenseman Dylan Macpherson to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Fulcher Makes 27 Saves in Comeback Win over Cleveland - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Return to Game Action - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 7-6 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Power Play Overpowers Phantoms in 6-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Comets Return to Winning Ways on the Back of Hofer - Utica Comets
- Cleveland Stumbles in 2-1 Loss to Grand Rapids - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Blank Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 11 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Roadrunners Increase Seating Capacity for May Home Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Florida Panthers Reassign Defenseman Alec Rauhauser from Syracuse Crunch to Greenville Swamp Rabbits - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, April 21st - Belleville Senators
- Tonight's Wolves Game Versus Rockford Postponed - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Fulcher Returns, Boyle Heads to Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change for Providence Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Barracuda Overwhelmed by Gulls 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Forge Tie for First with 5-1 Victory - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.