Roadrunners Increase Seating Capacity for May Home Games
Tucson, Arizona - The Tucson Roadrunners, owned and operated by the Arizona Coyotes have announced that social distanced arena capacity at Tucson Arena will increase to 1,550 fans for Fan Appreciation Weekend games on Friday, May 14 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, May 16 at 2 p.m.
1,550 fans, or approximately 25-percent of the Tucson Arena, will be welcomed for the final two regular season games following approval from the Pima County Health Department and in partnership with the City of Tucson and Tucson Arena.
The Roadrunners successfully welcomed in 650 fans for March games and 1,150 fans for April games and health and safety of all in the arena continues to be the top priority.
"While strictly following all local guidelines in the return of fans to cheer on the Roadrunners, we feel that we have also been successful in bringing a first-class live entertainment experience back to Tucson Arena at the same time," said Roadrunners President Bob Hoffman.
Available tickets for games on games on Friday, May 12 and Sunday, May 14 will go on sale Friday at 12 p.m. at TucsonRoadrunners.com/WelcomeBack.
Fans will still be required to wear face coverings at all times in the arena unless actively eating or drinking.
All current health and safety guidelines will remain in place at games including: social distanced seating, specific entry and entrances based on section and strictly follows all health and safety guidelines currently in place.
Roadrunners Season Ticket Members will be given top priority to return to games with the limited capacity. Any game tickets not used by Season Ticket Members will be advertised in advance for the general public to purchase. For more information on becoming a Roadrunners Season Ticket Member, CLICK HERE.
Fans are encouraged to follow the team on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter while also regularly visiting TucsonRoadrunners.com or more information on how to attend games LIVE. In addition, the entire Roadrunners season is available on AHL-TV, presented by AMR, and select games are available on The CW Tucson, the television home of the Roadrunners.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 21, 2021
- Penguins Sign Defenseman Dylan Macpherson to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Fulcher Makes 27 Saves in Comeback Win over Cleveland - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Return to Game Action - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Crunch Rally Past Amerks, 7-6 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Power Play Overpowers Phantoms in 6-1 Win - Hershey Bears
- Comets Return to Winning Ways on the Back of Hofer - Utica Comets
- Cleveland Stumbles in 2-1 Loss to Grand Rapids - Cleveland Monsters
- Comets Blank Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 11 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Roadrunners Increase Seating Capacity for May Home Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Florida Panthers Reassign Defenseman Alec Rauhauser from Syracuse Crunch to Greenville Swamp Rabbits - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Rocket, April 21st - Belleville Senators
- Tonight's Wolves Game Versus Rockford Postponed - Chicago Wolves
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Fulcher Returns, Boyle Heads to Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change for Providence Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Barracuda Overwhelmed by Gulls 5-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Gulls Forge Tie for First with 5-1 Victory - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.