Panthers Recall Zac Dalpe and Matt Kiersted, Checkers Recall Dominic Franco and Robert Calisti
The Panthers made another pair of transactions on Monday, recalling Zac Dalpe and Matt Kiersted from Charlotte.
Dalpe leads the Checkers and is tied for 11th in the AHL with 10 goals through his first 19 games and ranks third on the team in points (15). The team captain played in one game for the Panthers last season and has yet to appear for Florida this year.
Kiersted has posted one assist in 12 games for Charlotte this season. The sophomore defenseman began the campaign with Florida - logging 10 games with the Panthers - and has 27 NHL contests under his belt across his career.
In corresponding moves, forward Dominic Franco and defenseman Robert Calisti have been assigned from the ECHL's Florida Everblades to Charlotte.
Franco, 26, leads the Everblades in scoring with 14 points (4g, 10a) in 16 games. The Rhode Island native is in his third pro season and has split his time between the AHL and ECHL - posting 35 points (14g, 21a) in 42 career ECHL games with Cincinnati and Florida and 13 points (4g, 9a) in 55 AHL games with Rochester. Prior to turning pro Franco spent four years playing college hockey for Army, notching 97 points (45g, 52a) in 141 games and earning spots on the Second All-Conference Team and the AHA All-Rookie Team during his collegiate career.
Calisti, 21, has posted nine points in 17 games for Florida, leading the Everblades and tying for the league lead among defensemen with six goals. The Ontario native - who made his pro debut and played one game for Belleville in 2020-21 - is coming off a four-year junior career with Soo where he recorded 114 points (41g, 73a) in 195 OHL games.
Franco and Calisti will jump onto a Checkers club that kicks off a three-game road trip tomorrow in Hershey, while the Panthers finish off their road trip in Winnipeg tomorrow before returning for four straight games in the Sunshine State.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 5, 2022
- Maier to Phantoms, Nagle to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Panthers Recall Zac Dalpe and Matt Kiersted, Checkers Recall Dominic Franco and Robert Calisti - Charlotte Checkers
- Anaheim Ducks Reassign Pavol Regenda to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Bears Face Checkers, Islanders and Monsters - Hershey Bears
- IceHogs Outdoor Practice at Riverside Ice Arena Rescheduled - Rockford IceHogs
- Tom Grace: the Voice Enters Penguins Hall of Fame - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Series Preview vs. Ontario: December 7 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Christian Wolanin Named AHL Player of the Week - Abbotsford Canucks
- IceHogs Recall Weeks from Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- "Why I Kneel": the Importance of Faith in Josiah Slavin's Life - Rockford IceHogs
- Abbotsford's Christian Wolanin Named Howies Hockey Tape/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hunter Shepard Recalled by Caps, Clay Stevenson Re-Assigned to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Weekly Report: December 5, 2022 - Charlotte Checkers
- Screw City Night, Teddy Bear Toss, Josiah Slavin Hat Night Highlight Exciting Week at BMO - Rockford IceHogs
- Gross Recalled by Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Trey Fix-Wolansky to Monsters, Recall Forward Kirill Marchenko - Cleveland Monsters
- Reign Earn 5-2 Win Over Condors - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Checkers Stories
- Checkers Lose Overtime Thriller to Lehigh Valley, 6-5
- Bojangles Game Preview: February 24 vs. Lehigh Valley
- Gerry Mayhew's Three Points Lead Checkers to 5-3 Win over Springfield
- Late Goal Earns Point in 2-1 Overtime Loss to Springfield
- Bojangles Game Preview: February 17 vs Springfield