Owen Wolff Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team
Austin, TEXAS - Austin FC midfielder Owen Wolff was named to the U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team (MYNT) roster for the program's upcoming training camp and international friendly matches against England, France, and Serbia, set to take place later this month in Spain.
The 18-year-old Wolff earns his second call-up at the U-20 international level, following his participation in the U.S. U-20 MYNT's domestic training camp in January. Last September, Wolff competed with the U.S. U-19 side which won the Slovenia Nations Cup, scoring a goal in the team's second match of the tournament against Croatia.
"I'm honored to earn this call-up and to have the chance to travel abroad with the team," said Wolff. "The training camp in January was a fantastic experience, and I'm excited to test myself in matches at the U-20 international level for the first time."
Wolff became Austin FC's first Homegrown signing in September 2021 at age 16 and was the first Homegrown player to appear in a match for the Verde & Black in the team's 3-1 win over Sporting Kansas City on November 3, 2021. On May 18, 2022, Wolff earned his first career start against Los Angeles FC, and recorded his first professional assist 11 days later against LA Galaxy.
He tallied his first professional goal and second career assist on March 11, 2023 in a 2-1 away win over Real Salt Lake, a performance which earned Wolff an MLS Team of the Matchday selection.
"We're delighted for Owen to earn another call-up with the U.S. U-20's," said Austin FC Interim Sporting Director Sean Rubio. "His growth during his time here in Austin has been impressive to watch, and we wish him the best later this month."
Wolff will travel to Spain following Austin FC's match against Houston Dynamo FC on March 18, and return on March 29.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 17, 2023
- THREE POINTS: Houston Dynamo FC Host Austin FC in Home Opener on Saturday at Shell Energy Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Match Preview: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - March 18, 2023 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Play Host to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2023 Home Opener at Dignity Health Sports Park Saturday, March 18 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Welcome Minnesota United FC to Altitude for Matchday 4 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper Daniel Undergoes Knee Surgery - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Travels to Seattle to Take on the Sounders on Saturday, March 18 at 1 PM - Los Angeles FC
- Academy Update: Inter Miami CF Academy Announces Updates to Technical Staff - Inter Miami CF
- Injury Report: a Clean Bill of Health vs. D.C. UnitedÃÂ - New York City FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Signs Veteran Midfielder Ján Greguš - Nashville SC
- CF Montréal to Host Philadelphia Saturday in 2023 Home Opener at Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Loans Jackson Conway to Phoenix Rising FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Bosch - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Academy Midfielder Paulo Rudisill Named to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team Roster for Training Camp in Argentina - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United FC at Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- U19s Roll in First Half of Spring Season - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC to Host LAFC on Wednesday, April 5 at BC Place in First Leg of 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Darren Yapi, Diego Rubio Called up to National Teams for Upcoming International Window - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution Host Nashville SC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- St. Louis CITY SC Homegrown Miguel Perez Called up to U.S. U-19 MNT - St. Louis City SC
- Schedule Announced for 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Sergio Oregel Jr. Called to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team for March Training Camp - Chicago Fire FC
- The Assist: Orlando City vs. Charlotte FC - March 18, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Faces FC Dallas on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Partner with Positive Coaching Alliance to Launch Quakes Community Coaching Course - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Gavin Beavers and Diego Luna Named to U.S. Youth National Teams - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Owen Wolff Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Austin FC
- Antonio Carrera and Nolan Norris Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Four LA Galaxy Players Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Faces New England Revolution on the Road - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Take Unbeaten Record to Soldier Field for Matchup with Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin FC Stories
- Austin FC Signs Defender Brendan Hines-Ike
- Austin FC Announces Soccer Operations, Technical Staff Updates Ahead of 2024 Season
- Austin FC Signs Striker Diego Rubio
- Austin FC to Face CF Monterrey, Pumas UNAM in Leagues Cup 2024 Group Stage
- Austin FC Agrees to New Contract with Damian Las, Loans Las to Louisville City FC