Revolution Host Nashville SC on Saturday Night
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Revolution host Nashville SC on Saturday night at Gillette Stadium. The match kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app. Chris Wittyngham and Lori Lindsey will have the call in English, with Bruno Vain and Andres Agulla providing Spanish commentary. Sunday's match can also be heard on the radio on 98.5 The Sports Hub HD2, with Brad Feldman and Clyde Simms calling the action, and on 1260 AM Nossa Radio USA in Portuguese. The Sports Hub's local radio call is available for selection as an audio feed within MLS Season Pass and can also be heard online and via The Sports Hub's mobile app.
Saturday's match is the fifth all-time meeting between New England and Nashville SC, and the first since 2021. Nashville, which spent the 2022 season in the Western Conference before re-joining the Eastern Conference in 2023, leads the all-time series, 1-0-3. Head Coach Gary Smith's club remains unbeaten, 2-0-1, through the first three matches of the season and is the only team in MLS that has yet to concede a goal in 2023.
Leading the line for Nashville is a familiar face in Foxborough, as former Revolution forward Teal Bunbury makes his return to Gillette Stadium for his first meeting with New England since departing the club after the 2021 season. Bunbury, who featured in New England's attack for eight seasons from 2014-2021, ranks among the club's all-time leaders in MLS goals (4th- 45) and games played (7th- 231). The 33-year-old striker has started all three matches for Nashville SC this season.
For the Revolution, defender Dave Romney is poised to start his fourth consecutive game since arriving from Nashville SC in the offseason. Romney, who has already helped the Revolution to two clean sheets through three games, was a vital part of the stingy Nashville backline that allowed the second-fewest goals in MLS (101) from 2020-22.
New England enters Matchday 4 looking to rebound from their first defeat of the season, a 4-0 loss at Los Angeles FC. Goalkeeper Djordje Petrović was a standout performer in the match as he submitted a stellar eight-save performance, matching his single-game career high. Petrović, who reached 100 saves for his MLS career during Sunday's match, could become the fifth MLS goalkeeper to record 10 shutouts through his first 25 MLS starts. In his 11 previous home starts at Gillette Stadium, the 23-year-old from Serbia has helped the Revolution to five clean sheets.
Saturday's match will see forward and Designated Player Gustavo Bou continue to round into form as he builds off his season debut in Sunday's match, a 63-minute performance. Bou won the club's Golden Boot award last season and is looking to break onto the scoresheet, which has seen six different players record a goal or assist through three games. That includes midfielder Latif Blessing and forward Bobby Wood, Revolution newcomers who have each registered back-to-back starts. Homegrown Player Noel Buck, a 17-year-old from Massachusetts, continues to solidify his role in New England's midfield with three straight starts to open the 2023 season.
Matchday #4 vs. Nashville SC
Date: Saturday, March 18
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m. ET
Location: Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
WATCH & LISTEN:
Watch on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app
English Talent: Chris Wittyngham (play-by-play), Lori Lindsey (analyst)
Spanish Talent: Bruno Vain (play-by-play), Andres Agulla (analyst)
English Radio: 98.5 FM The Sports Hub HD2
Radio Talent: Brad Feldman and Clyde Simms
Access HD2 on the air at 98.5 FM with an HD radio receiver, online at 985thesportshub.com (click Listen Live in the top-right corner), or on The Sports Hub's mobile app.
Portuguese Radio: WBIX 1260 AM "Nossa Radio USA"
MLS Season Passon the Apple TV app is available now on billions of Apple devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, set-top boxes, and game consoles, and on the web at tv.apple.com. Fans can now subscribe to MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app for $14.99 per month during the season or $99 per season, and Apple TV+ subscribers can sign up at a special price of $12.99 per month and $79 per season. As an exclusive benefit of their full-season membership, New England Revolution Season Members receive one MLS Season Pass subscription with each account. Visit Revolutionsoccer.net or call 1-877-GET-REVS to learn more about becoming a Season Member.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 17, 2023
- THREE POINTS: Houston Dynamo FC Host Austin FC in Home Opener on Saturday at Shell Energy Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Match Preview: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - March 18, 2023 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Play Host to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2023 Home Opener at Dignity Health Sports Park Saturday, March 18 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Welcome Minnesota United FC to Altitude for Matchday 4 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper Daniel Undergoes Knee Surgery - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Travels to Seattle to Take on the Sounders on Saturday, March 18 at 1 PM - Los Angeles FC
- Academy Update: Inter Miami CF Academy Announces Updates to Technical Staff - Inter Miami CF
- Injury Report: a Clean Bill of Health vs. D.C. UnitedÃÂ - New York City FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Signs Veteran Midfielder Ján Greguš - Nashville SC
- CF Montréal to Host Philadelphia Saturday in 2023 Home Opener at Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Loans Jackson Conway to Phoenix Rising FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Bosch - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Academy Midfielder Paulo Rudisill Named to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team Roster for Training Camp in Argentina - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United FC at Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- U19s Roll in First Half of Spring Season - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC to Host LAFC on Wednesday, April 5 at BC Place in First Leg of 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Darren Yapi, Diego Rubio Called up to National Teams for Upcoming International Window - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution Host Nashville SC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- St. Louis CITY SC Homegrown Miguel Perez Called up to U.S. U-19 MNT - St. Louis City SC
- Schedule Announced for 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Sergio Oregel Jr. Called to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team for March Training Camp - Chicago Fire FC
- The Assist: Orlando City vs. Charlotte FC - March 18, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Faces FC Dallas on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Partner with Positive Coaching Alliance to Launch Quakes Community Coaching Course - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Gavin Beavers and Diego Luna Named to U.S. Youth National Teams - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Owen Wolff Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Austin FC
- Antonio Carrera and Nolan Norris Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Four LA Galaxy Players Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Faces New England Revolution on the Road - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Take Unbeaten Record to Soldier Field for Matchup with Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- New England Revolution Edge Charlotte FC, 2-1
- Revolution Return Home on Saturday Night to Host Charlotte FC
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: September 29, 2023
- New England Revolution Host Fight Childhood Cancer Night at Gillette Stadium
- Revolution Secure Playoff Berth with 2-2 Draw at Chicago Fire FC