CF Montréal to Host Philadelphia Saturday in 2023 Home Opener at Olympic Stadium
MONTREAL - After three consecutive road games to start the season, CF Montréal will kick off its 2023 home MLS campaign this Saturday night against the Philadelphia Union at Olympic Stadium at 7:30pm EDT (Apple MLS Season Pass, BPM Sports, CJAD 800).
In preparation for this first game in Montreal, the Club held its 2023 season launch event on Tuesday where the team announced that Quebec midfielder Samuel Piette would be the first team's captain this season.
Heading into the match, CF Montréal has a lifetime 9-8-9 record against the Union with 45 goals scored and 37 goals conceded. At Olympic Stadium more specifically, the Club's overall regular season record stands at 8-3-6.
The Montrealers will be keen on a result this weekend as they have gone winless against the 2022 Eastern Conference champions in the last six meetings between the sides since 2020. That six-game stretch is the longest current unbeaten streak held by an opponent against Montreal. However, Philadelphia now also shares that record with Nashville following its 2-0 win against Montreal last Saturday.
As for the opponent, although the Union has managed 13 consecutive home wins in MLS (including playoffs), it has only managed two wins in its last eight road matches. Moreover, the visitors have conceded nine goals in their last three road trips, after allowing just seven in their previous 11 away games.
Of note, the Union will also be playing a fourth match in 12 days. The team was in El Salvador on March 7 for its Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 first leg against Alianza FC (0-0), then hosted the Chicago Fire, winning 1-0 last Saturday. In the second leg against Alianza on Tuesday night, Jim Curtin's side went on to win 4-0 at Subaru Park to advance to the next round.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 17, 2023
- THREE POINTS: Houston Dynamo FC Host Austin FC in Home Opener on Saturday at Shell Energy Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Match Preview: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - March 18, 2023 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Play Host to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2023 Home Opener at Dignity Health Sports Park Saturday, March 18 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Welcome Minnesota United FC to Altitude for Matchday 4 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper Daniel Undergoes Knee Surgery - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Travels to Seattle to Take on the Sounders on Saturday, March 18 at 1 PM - Los Angeles FC
- Academy Update: Inter Miami CF Academy Announces Updates to Technical Staff - Inter Miami CF
- Injury Report: a Clean Bill of Health vs. D.C. UnitedÃÂ - New York City FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Signs Veteran Midfielder Ján Greguš - Nashville SC
- CF Montréal to Host Philadelphia Saturday in 2023 Home Opener at Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Loans Jackson Conway to Phoenix Rising FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Bosch - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Academy Midfielder Paulo Rudisill Named to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team Roster for Training Camp in Argentina - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United FC at Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- U19s Roll in First Half of Spring Season - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC to Host LAFC on Wednesday, April 5 at BC Place in First Leg of 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Darren Yapi, Diego Rubio Called up to National Teams for Upcoming International Window - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution Host Nashville SC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- St. Louis CITY SC Homegrown Miguel Perez Called up to U.S. U-19 MNT - St. Louis City SC
- Schedule Announced for 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Sergio Oregel Jr. Called to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team for March Training Camp - Chicago Fire FC
- The Assist: Orlando City vs. Charlotte FC - March 18, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Faces FC Dallas on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Partner with Positive Coaching Alliance to Launch Quakes Community Coaching Course - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Gavin Beavers and Diego Luna Named to U.S. Youth National Teams - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Owen Wolff Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Austin FC
- Antonio Carrera and Nolan Norris Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Four LA Galaxy Players Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Faces New England Revolution on the Road - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Take Unbeaten Record to Soldier Field for Matchup with Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.