Nashville Soccer Club Signs Veteran Midfielder Ján Greguš
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Soccer Club announced today it has signed Slovakian midfielder Ján Greguš through the 2023 season with an option for 2024. Greguš is available for selection this Saturday as Nashville SC takes on New England Revolution at Gillette Stadium at 6:30 p.m. CT. The match can be watched on MLS Season Pass in the Apple TV app.
"We are excited to be able to add Ján to our group," said General Manager Mike Jacobs. "He's someone our staff has been a fan of since watching him play for Minnesota United when he first entered MLS as well as for his country, and believe he fits into what we look for in a player in that role on and off the field. His range of passing and playmaking out of midfield make him a welcome addition."
Greguš has played the last four seasons in Major League Soccer, making 90 regular season appearances with 74 starts. He began his MLS journey with Minnesota United FC in 2019 as the third Designated Player in club history, appearing in 30 matches and recording 12 assists. Greguš appeared in 36 total MLS matches for Minnesota in 2020 and 2021 including three Audi MLS Cup Playoff matches in 2020. In 2022, he joined the San Jose Earthquakes where the midfielder made 27 appearances, registering six assists.
Prior to joining MLS, Greguš began his professional career in Slovakia in 2009 at his hometown club, FC Nitra. He then moved to Baník Ostrava where he made 100 appearances over seven years.
In 2016 Greguš joined one of the biggest clubs in Europe, F.C. Copenhagen in the Danish Superliga, where he appeared in 107 games, including the 2016 UEFA Champions League.
At the international level, Greguš has earned 36 caps for the Slovakian National Team. The midfielder made his Senior Team debut on March 31, 2015, against the Czech Republic in an international friendly where he registered an assist in his debut.
Greguš could make his Nashville SC debut this Saturday on the road against the New England Revolution. The match can be seen on the MLS Season Pass via the Apple TV app. Follow Nashville SC by visiting www.NashvilleSC.com and the club's social channels on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter.
Transaction:â¯Nashville SC signs midfielder Ján Greguš
Birthdate: Jan. 29, 1991
Birthplace: Nitra, Czechoslovakia
Last club: San Jose Earthquakes
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 17, 2023
- THREE POINTS: Houston Dynamo FC Host Austin FC in Home Opener on Saturday at Shell Energy Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Match Preview: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - March 18, 2023 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Play Host to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2023 Home Opener at Dignity Health Sports Park Saturday, March 18 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Welcome Minnesota United FC to Altitude for Matchday 4 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper Daniel Undergoes Knee Surgery - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Travels to Seattle to Take on the Sounders on Saturday, March 18 at 1 PM - Los Angeles FC
- Academy Update: Inter Miami CF Academy Announces Updates to Technical Staff - Inter Miami CF
- Injury Report: a Clean Bill of Health vs. D.C. UnitedÃÂ - New York City FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Signs Veteran Midfielder Ján Greguš - Nashville SC
- CF Montréal to Host Philadelphia Saturday in 2023 Home Opener at Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Loans Jackson Conway to Phoenix Rising FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Bosch - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Academy Midfielder Paulo Rudisill Named to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team Roster for Training Camp in Argentina - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United FC at Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- U19s Roll in First Half of Spring Season - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC to Host LAFC on Wednesday, April 5 at BC Place in First Leg of 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Darren Yapi, Diego Rubio Called up to National Teams for Upcoming International Window - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution Host Nashville SC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- St. Louis CITY SC Homegrown Miguel Perez Called up to U.S. U-19 MNT - St. Louis City SC
- Schedule Announced for 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Sergio Oregel Jr. Called to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team for March Training Camp - Chicago Fire FC
- The Assist: Orlando City vs. Charlotte FC - March 18, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Faces FC Dallas on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Partner with Positive Coaching Alliance to Launch Quakes Community Coaching Course - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Gavin Beavers and Diego Luna Named to U.S. Youth National Teams - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Owen Wolff Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Austin FC
- Antonio Carrera and Nolan Norris Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Four LA Galaxy Players Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Faces New England Revolution on the Road - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Take Unbeaten Record to Soldier Field for Matchup with Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Nashville SC Continues Three-Match Week with Playoff Berth Clinched
- Nashville SC Update
- Nashville SC Clinches Fourth Consecutive Playoffs Berth
- Nashville SC Extends Unbeaten Streak to Five with Scoreless Draw Against Seattle Sounders FC
- Nashville SC Hosts Seattle Sounders at GEODIS Park in Cross-Conference Clash