LAFC Travels to Seattle to Take on the Sounders on Saturday, March 18 at 1 PM
March 17, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Los Angeles FC News Release
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) will hit the road for the Club's first regular season away match of the season, taking on the Seattle Sounders Saturday, March 18 at 1:00 p.m. PT at Lumen Field (FOX/MLS Season Pass on Apple TV/ESPNLA 710 AM/980 AM).
The Black & Gold return to MLS regular season action after clinching a berth into the Cocacaf Champions League Quarterfinals with a 4-2 (W, 3-0; L, 2-1) aggregate victory over LD Alajuelense (Costa Rica) in the second leg of their series on Wednesday night at BMO Stadium.
Saturday's contest will mark the 15th meeting between LAFC and the Sounders. The Black & Gold hold a slight edge in the head-to-head series with a 6-5-3 all-time record.
NEWS & NOTES
LAFC is 2-0-0 on the season for six points.
LAFC is one of two teams, along with the expansion St. Louis City SC, that is yet to lose or tie a game in MLS this season.
This is the third time that LAFC has opened the season 2-0-0, and the first time that they have done so since 2019.
LAFC's seven goals scored are the second-most in MLS this season. Only St. Louis, who has played one more game than the Black & Gold, has scored more than LAFC.
Since joining LAFC in the summer of 2022, Denis Bouanga has appeared in 13 overall games for the club. He has scored more than one goal in three of those matches, all of which have come in his last six games, dating back to the start of the MLS Cup Playoffs.
Bouanga's two goal performance in the win against New England last Saturday earned him a place on MLS' Team of the Matchday (Match 3) along with fellow goal scorer Timothy Tillman who made his MLS Debut on March 12 and scored his first MLS goal.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 17, 2023
- THREE POINTS: Houston Dynamo FC Host Austin FC in Home Opener on Saturday at Shell Energy Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Match Preview: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - March 18, 2023 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Play Host to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2023 Home Opener at Dignity Health Sports Park Saturday, March 18 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Welcome Minnesota United FC to Altitude for Matchday 4 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper Daniel Undergoes Knee Surgery - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Travels to Seattle to Take on the Sounders on Saturday, March 18 at 1 PM - Los Angeles FC
- Academy Update: Inter Miami CF Academy Announces Updates to Technical Staff - Inter Miami CF
- Injury Report: a Clean Bill of Health vs. D.C. UnitedÃÂ - New York City FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Signs Veteran Midfielder Ján Greguš - Nashville SC
- CF Montréal to Host Philadelphia Saturday in 2023 Home Opener at Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Loans Jackson Conway to Phoenix Rising FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Bosch - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Academy Midfielder Paulo Rudisill Named to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team Roster for Training Camp in Argentina - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United FC at Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- U19s Roll in First Half of Spring Season - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC to Host LAFC on Wednesday, April 5 at BC Place in First Leg of 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Darren Yapi, Diego Rubio Called up to National Teams for Upcoming International Window - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution Host Nashville SC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- St. Louis CITY SC Homegrown Miguel Perez Called up to U.S. U-19 MNT - St. Louis City SC
- Schedule Announced for 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Sergio Oregel Jr. Called to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team for March Training Camp - Chicago Fire FC
- The Assist: Orlando City vs. Charlotte FC - March 18, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Faces FC Dallas on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Partner with Positive Coaching Alliance to Launch Quakes Community Coaching Course - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Gavin Beavers and Diego Luna Named to U.S. Youth National Teams - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Owen Wolff Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Austin FC
- Antonio Carrera and Nolan Norris Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Four LA Galaxy Players Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Faces New England Revolution on the Road - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Take Unbeaten Record to Soldier Field for Matchup with Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Play to 0-0 Draw at Home Against Atlanta United
- LAFC Hosts Atlanta United Today, Wednesday, June 7 at BMO Stadium
- LAFC Lose 1-0, Fall to Club León in the CONCACAF Champions League Final
- Concacaf Champions League Trophy on the Line Tomorrow as LAFC Hosts Club León at BMO Stadium
- Concacaf Champions League Trophy on the Line as LAFC Hosts Club León at BMO Stadium Sunday, June 4 at 6 PM