Nashville SC Faces New England Revolution on the Road
March 17, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Nashville SC News Release
Nashville SC is back on the road this weekend taking on another Eastern Conference foe in the New England Revolution.
The Boys in Gold will put a three-match unbeaten run to start the season on the line in this match, and their seven points are good for the best start to an MLS season in club history. It'll also be a chance for goalkeeper Joe Willis to make some history, as another clean sheet would make him the only keeper in MLS history to record four shutouts to start a season while playing every minute.
You can watch all the action on Saturday on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app. Season Ticket Members have access to one included membership per account. Haven't claimed your subscription yet? Check your email for instructions. Not a STM? Learn more and subscribe here.
Here's everything you need to know about Saturday's match:
Date: Saturday, March 18
Time: 6:30 p.m. CT
Location: Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.)
TV: Watch on MLS Season Pass on the Apple TV app
Radio: 104.5 The Zone
Watch Party: Craft Brewed
A Tense Affair - Nashville SC has played at Gillette Stadium twice in its MLS history, once in 2020 and again in 2021. Both have resulted in 0-0 draws, with both matchups featuring heavy rotation in the squad due to injury or schedule congestion.
Head Coach Gary Smith says he's ready for a matchup without those factors in New England.
"I can't remember going to New England being at full strength," Smith said. "I think for one reason or another, there's always been some difficulties in that fixture. That's not to say that the game will be any easier, but I think for the first time, we will go there in a very good place, in a good mindset, and I would expect it will be a really good game. We have the ability to go and score goals and to make a difference. The start of the season has been a decent one for us, and we want to keep that going."
Teal's Return - Saturday's match will be the first time forward Teal Bunbury will face his former team since joining Nashville SC in 2022. Bunbury spent eight seasons in New England and he says he has nothing but great memories from his time in Massachusetts.
"It's going to be fun," Bunbury said. "I don't know what to expect yet, but I saw a lot of my friends in preseason when we played against them. A lot of fond memories, great fans. My girls were born there. It's a special place in my heart in Boston. I'm excited to get back there, but it's going to be an intense matchup."
Scouting the Revs - New England has started this season with two wins and a loss, scoring four goals in the process. Last time out, they suffered their only defeat of the season so far in a 4-0 road loss at defending champions LAFC.
Smith says that loss will only be fuel for the Revolution against Nashville.
"They started off very well," Smith said. "I think they had a poke in the eye and a reality check in LA. Everyone in that group will be bitterly disappointed to go there and get beat. I would think they'll be in the very best mental and physical shape to try and get a result out of us at the weekend."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 17, 2023
- THREE POINTS: Houston Dynamo FC Host Austin FC in Home Opener on Saturday at Shell Energy Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Match Preview: Sounders FC vs. LAFC - March 18, 2023 - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Play Host to Vancouver Whitecaps FC in 2023 Home Opener at Dignity Health Sports Park Saturday, March 18 - LA Galaxy
- Rapids Welcome Minnesota United FC to Altitude for Matchday 4 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Goalkeeper Daniel Undergoes Knee Surgery - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Travels to Seattle to Take on the Sounders on Saturday, March 18 at 1 PM - Los Angeles FC
- Academy Update: Inter Miami CF Academy Announces Updates to Technical Staff - Inter Miami CF
- Injury Report: a Clean Bill of Health vs. D.C. UnitedÃÂ - New York City FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Signs Veteran Midfielder Ján Greguš - Nashville SC
- CF Montréal to Host Philadelphia Saturday in 2023 Home Opener at Olympic Stadium - Club de Foot Montreal
- Atlanta United Loans Jackson Conway to Phoenix Rising FC - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas Announces Partnership with Bosch - FC Dallas
- LA Galaxy Academy Midfielder Paulo Rudisill Named to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team Roster for Training Camp in Argentina - LA Galaxy
- Minnesota United FC at Colorado Rapids Preview - Minnesota United FC
- U19s Roll in First Half of Spring Season - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC to Host LAFC on Wednesday, April 5 at BC Place in First Leg of 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Darren Yapi, Diego Rubio Called up to National Teams for Upcoming International Window - Colorado Rapids
- Revolution Host Nashville SC on Saturday Night - New England Revolution
- St. Louis CITY SC Homegrown Miguel Perez Called up to U.S. U-19 MNT - St. Louis City SC
- Schedule Announced for 2023 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Sergio Oregel Jr. Called to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team for March Training Camp - Chicago Fire FC
- The Assist: Orlando City vs. Charlotte FC - March 18, 2023 - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Faces FC Dallas on Saturday - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Partner with Positive Coaching Alliance to Launch Quakes Community Coaching Course - San Jose Earthquakes
- Real Salt Lake's Gavin Beavers and Diego Luna Named to U.S. Youth National Teams - Real Salt Lake
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Portland Timbers - Atlanta United FC
- Owen Wolff Called up to U.S. U-20 Men's Youth National Team - Austin FC
- Antonio Carrera and Nolan Norris Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Four LA Galaxy Players Called up for International Duty - LA Galaxy
- Nashville SC Faces New England Revolution on the Road - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Take Unbeaten Record to Soldier Field for Matchup with Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Voting for the 2023 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target Is Now Open
- Nashville Soccer Club Releases The Man in Black Collector's Box
- Carrie Underwood to Open for Guns N' Roses at GEODIS Park on August 26
- U.S. Men's National Team to Host High-Profile Friendly against Ghana at GEODIS Park on October 17
- Nashville SC Update