Oilers Add Memorial Cup Champion in Vincent Marleau
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks, announced Friday the signing of forward and Memorial Cup Champion Vincent Marleau.
Marleau, 21, joins Tulsa on an SPC. The 6-2, 190 lbs. forward spent the last four seasons in the QMJHL with Rouyn-Noranda, compiling 114 points (45G, 69A) and 128 PIM in 194 games with the Huskies.
"Vincent is a big, right-handed center," head coach Rob Murray said about the newest addition to the roster. "He's coming off a successful junior career, having played for the Memorial Cup two years ago. Adding a right-handed shot down the middle offers us more balance in the lineup."
The St-Michel, QC native was instrumental in Rouyn-Noranda winning their first Memorial Cup in 2018-19. Marleau posted three goals, five assists and a +10 rating in 20 playoff games that season. Marleau also scored the fourth and final goal against Halifax to claim the most-coveted trophy in Major Junior hockey.
The Oilers kick off a two-game series against the Wichita Thunder tonight at 7:05 p.m. at the BOK Center. Saturday night's game is the Oilers annual Autism Awareness Night, presented by Safelite Autoglass and benefiting AutismTulsa.Org - a branch of AutismOklahoma.Org. Saturday's game also starts at 7:05 p.m., and the team's game-worn jerseys will be auctioned off after the game in the River Spirit Lounge.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 19, 2021
- Lane Lifts Oilers over Thunder in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Falls in OT at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Komets Win Home Opener, 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- Swamp Rabbits Emerge Victorious over Fuel in Special Teams Affair - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- McClure's OT Winner Keeps Streak Alive - Florida Everblades
- Coughler scores twice but Orlando drops 3-2 overtime decision to Florida - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Drop First of Two to Icemen in OT - South Carolina Stingrays
- Greenville Snaps Indy's Four-Game Win Streak - Indy Fuel
- Icemen Receive Forwards Lerario & Gignac from AHL - Jacksonville IceMen
- ECHL Transactions - February 19 - ECHL
- Dave Tendeck Called up to Coyotes Taxi Squad - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Add Memorial Cup Champion in Vincent Marleau - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye to Retain Player Rights for 2021-22 Season - Toledo Walleye
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, February 19, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Win Streak on the Line vs Bears - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Icemen, February 19 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Grizzlies Preview: Utah Signs Defenseman Brandon Fehd - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.