Oil Kings Set to Host 14th Annual Teddy Bear Toss
Edmonton, AB - The Edmonton Oil Kings are excited to once again be hosting the The Brick Teddy Bear Toss, presented by Global Edmonton on Saturday, December 4 against the Moose Jaw Warriors at 7:00 P.M.
On Tuesday, November 30 at 10:00 A.M., the team will be unveiling a unique theme jersey at a press conference in the Oilers Hall of Fame room that players will wear for the game.
During the game, the jersey's will be silent auctioned off with all net proceeds benefitting 630 CHED Santas Anonymous.
Over the past 14 years, the Teddy Bear Toss has raised over $150,000 for 630 CHED Santas Anonymous.
"We're thrilled to launch our Annual Teddy Bear Toss event with two great partners in The Brick and 630 CHED Santas Anonymous," said Oil Kings Alternate Governor and Director of Business Operations Daniel Troiani. "Despite a one-year absence (as a result of COVID), it's an exciting opportunity to re-engage with these two organizations and host the best event in Edmonton during December."
The Oil Kings last Teddy Bear Toss was held on December 7, 2019 against the Calgary Hitmen and was the fourth consecutive year the game was sold out. Following Ethan McIndoe's second period goal, Oil Kings fans tossed a team record 16,491 bears onto the ice.
Since the first Teddy Bear Toss on January 20, 2008, Oil Kings fans have donated 121,410 bears to 630 CHED Santas Anonymous through the tradition of hurling their new or gently loved bears onto the ice following the Oil Kings first goal of the game.
"This pandemic has been challenging on many families, so combining the event with this ongoing charitable initiative is an important initiative of our organization," added Troiani. "We encourage fans to bring as many bears as possible to support the volume of bears being requested from Santas Anonymous.
"We cannot wait to see the jerseys on the ice next Saturday and look forward to a great crowd!"
Rogers Place will be making a special adjustment to its bag policy. Fan who are planning on using a bag to transport their bears, are encouraged to do so in a clear plastic bag. Bags will also be made available inside Rogers Place for those who do not have an appropriate bag.
Any fan who brings five or more bears to the game, will be entered into a draw for a premium Oil Kings prize. Fans can register for the draw in Ford Hall near the Rogers Place Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2021
- Hot Start Not Enough as Blades Fall 5-2 in Edmonton - Saskatoon Blades
- Prince Albert Rally Halts ICE Streak - Winnipeg Ice
- Oil Kings Storm Back to Defeat Blades - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Raiders Erase Three-Goal Deficit to Take Down Top-Ranked ICE - Prince Albert Raiders
- Ice Slide by Tigers 7-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Hitmen Explode for 10 Goals vs. Pats - Regina Pats
- Hitmen Reach 10 Goals in Win over Regina - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings Set to Host 14th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Edmonton Oil Kings
- GAME 23 - Prince Albert at ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Game #22 Preview: Blades at Oil Kings - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats End Alberta Road Trip in Calgary - Regina Pats
- Americans Suffer 5-1 Loss in Seattle - Tri-City Americans
- Giants Earn Third Straight Road Win with a 3-1 Triumph in Spokane - Vancouver Giants
- Slow Start Costs Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Rebels Snap Mini Losing Streak with Workmanlike 4-2 Win over Pats - Red Deer Rebels
- Slow Start Sinks Wheat Kings - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rockets Pick Up Tenth Win Of The Season With 4-1 Victory Over Cougars - Kelowna Rockets
- T-Birds Flag Down Americans - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Vancouver Holds Chiefs at Bay as Spokane Loses 3-1 on Saturday Night - Spokane Chiefs
- Rebels Snap Pats 3-Game Winning Streak - Regina Pats
- ICE Run Streak to 10 with Win over Medicine Hat - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.