Rebels Snap Pats 3-Game Winning Streak
Red Deer, Alta. - The Regina Pats fell 4-2 to the Red Deer Rebels on Saturday night at the Peavey Mart Centrium.
The Pats drop to 9-11-0 on the season, while the Rebels improve to 15-8-1.
Red Deer got a three-point performance from Arshdeep Bains, who was named the game's first star and scored the game-winning-goal on a power play midway through the second period. Chase Coward made 31 saves on 33 shots to pick up the victory.
The Pats got goals from Ryker Evans and Borya Valis, but their undisciplined play in the first half of the game was a big factor in the loss, as they were shorthanded five times in the first two periods. Red Deer also started strong, generating plenty of early chances off their forecheck and disrupting the Pats breakout.
It's now a quick turnaround for the Pats, who play on Sunday, November 28 against the Calgary Hitmen at 12 p.m. Saskatchewan time.
RD 1-0 at 1:57 - Liam Keeler (8), assisted by Christoffer Sedoff // Keeler had a tap-in in front of the net thanks to a pass from Sedoff.
REG 1-1 at 7:05 - Ryker Evans (4), assisted by Cole Dubinsky (7) // Evans hustled back to help defend an odd-man rush and then started the play the other way, feeding a puck up to Cole Dubinsky. Dubinsky gave it back to Evans, who changed the angle on his shot before firing one glove side to tie the game.
RD 2-1 at 7:55 - Jace Isley (2), assisted by Arshdeep Bains// After a Pats turnover at the offensive blue line, Bains saucered a perfect pass towards the middle for Isley, who walked in all alone and restored the Rebels lead.
RD 3-1 at 1:11 - Arshdeep Bains (9), assisted by Blake Stevenson and Christoffer Sedoff // Stevenson went rink-wide from left to right through the seam on the power play to set up Bains, who had his first shot blocked by a stick, but then had the puck come right back to him, where he deposited it high to make it a 3-1 game.
RD 4-1 at 10:17 - Ben King (16), assisted by Arshdeep Bains // Bains tried a wrap around that was stopped by Sim, but the puck bounced right out to King in the slot, who made no mistake to give Red Deer more breathing room.
REG 2-4 at 17:19 - Borya Valis (3), assisted by Stanislav Svozil and Ryker Evans // Evans went D-to-D to Svozil, who one-timed the puck on goal, leading to a big rebound that Valis put home.
FINAL: Pats 2 | Rebels 4
SOG: REG - 33 | RD - 33
PP: REG - 0-for-3 | RD - 1-for-5
Faceoffs: REG - 29 | RD - 32
Regina: Drew Sim stopped 29 of 33 in his third start of the season.
Red Deer: Chase Coward made 31 saves on 33 shots.
Arshdeep Bains- RD - GWG, 2A
Jace Isley - RD - 1G
Christoffer Sedoff- RD-2A
The Pats wrap up their four-game swing through Alberta tomorrow in Calgary, with a 11 a.m. local start time. Their next home game is Sat. Dec. 4 against the Swift Current Broncos. Regina will be wearing special jerseys, which were designed by Pats fan Allery Lang, who won the Real Canadian Superstore #LeaveYourMark Design a Jersey Contest. For tickets, click here.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2021
- Hot Start Not Enough as Blades Fall 5-2 in Edmonton - Saskatoon Blades
- Prince Albert Rally Halts ICE Streak - Winnipeg Ice
- Oil Kings Storm Back to Defeat Blades - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Raiders Erase Three-Goal Deficit to Take Down Top-Ranked ICE - Prince Albert Raiders
- Ice Slide by Tigers 7-2 - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Hitmen Explode for 10 Goals vs. Pats - Regina Pats
- Hitmen Reach 10 Goals in Win over Regina - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings Set to Host 14th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Edmonton Oil Kings
- GAME 23 - Prince Albert at ICE - Winnipeg Ice
- Game #22 Preview: Blades at Oil Kings - Saskatoon Blades
- Pats End Alberta Road Trip in Calgary - Regina Pats
- Americans Suffer 5-1 Loss in Seattle - Tri-City Americans
- Giants Earn Third Straight Road Win with a 3-1 Triumph in Spokane - Vancouver Giants
- Slow Start Costs Cougars - Prince George Cougars
- Rebels Snap Mini Losing Streak with Workmanlike 4-2 Win over Pats - Red Deer Rebels
- Slow Start Sinks Wheat Kings - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rockets Pick Up Tenth Win Of The Season With 4-1 Victory Over Cougars - Kelowna Rockets
- T-Birds Flag Down Americans - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Vancouver Holds Chiefs at Bay as Spokane Loses 3-1 on Saturday Night - Spokane Chiefs
- Rebels Snap Pats 3-Game Winning Streak - Regina Pats
- ICE Run Streak to 10 with Win over Medicine Hat - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.