Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 11
Tulsa travels to Allen Tuesday and Kansas City Saturday and is within striking distance of first place in tight division race.
OVERALL RECORD: 34-21-6 (74 points, 2nd in Mountain Division)
LAST WEEK: 0-1-0
Saturday, Mar. 9 - Allen 3, Tulsa 2 (Allen Event Center - Allen, TX) | Box Score
>> The Tulsa Oilers faced-off against the Allen Americans in the only game of the week Saturday at the Allen Event Center. While Tulsa jumped out to a 16-7 shots advantage in the opening frame, they fell behind when Allen scored with 2:49 left in the period. Adam Pleskach tied the score at 1-1 in the first seven minutes of the middle stanza when he deflected in a power play goal. But Allen went back ahead with a late power play goal of their own with 2:32 left. The Americans added a second power play tally midway through the third to make it 3-1. Eric Drapluk scored Tulsa's second goal on a man-advantage, but the Oilers couldn't find the equalizer in the last 4:56 of regulation.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Tuesday, Mar. 12 - Tulsa AT Allen, 7:05 p.m. - Allen Event Center (Allen, TX)
Saturday, Mar. 16 - Tulsa AT Kansas City, 7:05 p.m. - Silverstein Eye Centers Arena (Independence, MO)
- Eric Drapluk has scored 3 of his 6 goals this season against Allen.
- Adam Pleskach scored his 8th power play goal since the beginning of February Saturday night.
- Jared Thomas has a 4-game assist streak, with two more assists Saturday.
- The Oilers' magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 5 points (3 wins or Wichita losses).
- Tulsa is 10-3-0 against Allen this season with one game remaining against the Americans Tuesday.
- The Oilers have the best record (32-15-4) against Mountain division opponents.
POINTS: 62 - Adam Pleskach
GOALS: 32 - Adam Pleskach
ASSISTS: 33 - Jared Thomas
PLUS/MINUS: +19 - Steven Kaunisto
PIMS: 162 - Mike McKee
PP GOALS: 12 - Adam Pleskach
SH GOALS: 2 - Ryan Tesink, Jared Thomas
GW GOALS: 7 - Charlie Sampair
SHOTS: 264 - Adam Pleskach
WINS: 16 - Devin Williams
GAA: 1.95 - Ian Keserich
SAVE %: .929 - Ian Keserich
POWER PLAY: Overall - 38/269 (14.1%) - 23rd in the ECHL
Last Week - 2/6 (33.3%)
PENALTY KILL: Overall - 198/238 (83.2%) - 9th in the ECHL
Last Week - 4/6 (66.7%)
Adam Pleskach is 2nd in the ECHL with 32 goals, 4th with 62 points and tied for 2nd with 12 power play goals... Charlie Sampair is tied for 2nd with 7 game-winning goals... Ryan Tesink is 19th in points (54)... Devin Williams is 3rd in the ECHL in goals-against average (2.21)... Dylan Bredo is 5th among league defensemen in assists (30) and 10th in points (34)... Steven Kaunisto is 2nd among defensemen with 4 game-winning goals... Jared Thomas is tied for 3rd among rookies with 51 points and tied for 2nd in assists (33).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 11, 2019
- Stingrays Weekly Report - March 11 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Announce Three Roster Moves - Maine Mariners
- ECHL Transactions - March 11 - ECHL
- Thunder Adds Brooks to ATO - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Announce Summer Hockey Camp at Cool Insuring Arena - Adirondack Thunder
- Steve Martinson Becomes the Winningest American Coach in Pro Hockey History - Allen Americans
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 22 (March 4-10, 2019) - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - March 11, 2019 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Begin 3 Game Homestand Thursday - Utah Grizzlies
- Forward Mason Mitchell Reassigned to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 'Blades Weekly: Road Slate Finishes with Four-Game Week - Florida Everblades
- Komets Sweep Six Point Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Mavs Monday: March 11th - Kansas City Mavericks
- Reading Home for Eight of Final 11 Games - Reading Royals
- Thunder Weekly, March 11th - Wichita Thunder
- Chris Nell Rejoins Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Gladiators and Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to Host MLS VIP Experience - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - Cincinnati Cyclones
- D Cockerill Reassigned to AHL's Cleveland Monsters - Reading Royals
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - March 11 - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tulsa Oilers Stories
- Oilers Acquire Defenseman Jake Bolton from Orlando in Exchange for Eric Drapluk
- Oil Drops: Oilers End Week with First Road Win Before Autism Awareness Night on Saturday
- Oilers Quiet Thunder 7-2 in First Road Win of Season
- Oilers Fall in First of Nine Matchups with Thunder
- Oilers Winning Streak Ended at Three by Red-Hot Americans