Offense Falters in Second Half, Team Drops Home Contest to Clippers on Iowa Energy Night
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Wolves (1-2) were defeated by the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (3-1) 130-102 Friday night at Wells Fargo Arena on Iowa Energy Night.
After trailing by three at the half, Iowa failed to produce much offensively in the second half, scoring just 38 points while shooting 33.3% from the floor.
Four starters finished in double figures for the Wolves, led by Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Jaylen Nowell. The former Huskie shot 5-of-11 from the floor in the loss.
Two-way guard Jordan McLaughlin tallied 16 points and a game-high eight assists on the evening. James Webb III burst onto the scene for Iowa, contributing 14 points and five rebounds off the bench in his Wolves debut.
A pair of Clippers finished with 30-plus points, led by a game-high 36 points from James Palmer Jr. Two-way forward Johnathan Motley added 30 points and 10 rebounds for the winning team.
Iowa continues its homestand tomorrow night against the Texas Legends at 7:00 p.m.
For highlights of tonight's game, click here: https://www.clipro.tv/player/?ItemID=f1bc8dce-c00a-4838-aa0c-29ce49fb1e9d
For highlights of Jaylen Nowell's 19-point performance, click here: https://www.clipro.tv/player/?ItemID=e4c2c753-c736-44f6-9314-9aff7d8d2429
For highlights of James Webb III's 14-point performance, click here: https://www.clipro.tv/player/?ItemID=0e609448-874a-4092-bd84-9e8415c55ff9
For highlights of Jordan McLaughlin's 16-point, eight-assist performance, click here: https://www.clipro.tv/player/?ItemID=bc451678-c046-4719-b421-76602bcfddf7
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Wisconsin Wins Third Consecutive Game, Beat Raptors 905 115-109 - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 119-102 - Austin Spurs
- Blue Coats Score Season-High 152 Points, Win Road Opener at Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
- Strus, Windy City Big Men Hold Back the Charge, 111-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Offense Falters in Second Half, Team Drops Home Contest to Clippers on Iowa Energy Night - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware - Long Island Nets
- Big Fourth Quarter Leads to Drive Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Take Down Mad Ants - Maine Red Claws
- Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Dropped by Bulls - Canton Charge
- Hustle Shoot Past Kings in Red Hot Fourth Quarter - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Acquire Returning Rights Player James Webb III - Iowa Wolves
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Coaches vs. Cancer Fundraiser and First-Ever Dollar Dog Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Heats up in Fourth Quarter to Grab Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors