Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 119-102
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Austin Spurs (1-3), presented by SWBC, fell to the Santa Cruz Warriors (3-1) by a final score of --119-102 at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park Friday evening.
San Antonio Spurs assignee Keldon Johnson led the Spurs in scoring with 22 points while also pulling down 6 rebounds in 28 minutes. Spurs assignee Luka Å amaniÄ posted his third double-double of the season recording 12 points and 10 rebounds in 25 minutes.
Dedric Lawson finished the game with 15 points (6-9 FG, 1-1 3FG, 1-1 FT) and 9 rebounds in 30 minutes, while Kavion Pippen finished with 14 points and 6 rebounds in 20 minutes.
The game was tightly contested throughout the first half as the lead changed four times and the score was tied twice. The Warriors scored the first six points of the contest, but the Spurs answered with a 15-2 run to take a seven-point lead, the Spurs' highest lead of the game. The two teams would continue to go back and forth with the Warriors taking a 53-46 lead going into the half.
As a team in the second half, the Warriors shot .615 (24-39) from the field, .562 (9-16) from the three-point line and 1.00 (5-5) from the free throw line. The Spurs shot .917 (11-12) from the free throw line and Lawson scored 11 of his 15 points in the second half, but it was not enough to overcome the Warriors' hot shooting. The Warriors would go on to outscore the Spurs 66-56 in the second half allowing them to come away with a win by a final sore of 119-102.
For the Warriors, Andrew Harrison led the team in scoring with 21 points in 20 minutes, while Deyonta Davis posted a double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds in 28 minutes. Jeremy Pargo also posted a double-double with 12 points and 10 assists in 36 minutes.
The Austin Spurs will host the Stockton Kings on Sunday, Nov. 17 at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park at 4 p.m. For tickets or the full season schedule, visit austinspurs.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Wisconsin Wins Third Consecutive Game, Beat Raptors 905 115-109 - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 119-102 - Austin Spurs
- Blue Coats Score Season-High 152 Points, Win Road Opener at Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
- Strus, Windy City Big Men Hold Back the Charge, 111-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Offense Falters in Second Half, Team Drops Home Contest to Clippers on Iowa Energy Night - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware - Long Island Nets
- Big Fourth Quarter Leads to Drive Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Take Down Mad Ants - Maine Celtics
- Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Dropped by Bulls - Cleveland Charge
- Hustle Shoot Past Kings in Red Hot Fourth Quarter - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Acquire Returning Rights Player James Webb III - Iowa Wolves
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Coaches vs. Cancer Fundraiser and First-Ever Dollar Dog Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Heats up in Fourth Quarter to Grab Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.