Big Fourth Quarter Leads to Drive Win
GRAND RAPIDS, MI - The Grand Rapids Drive (2-2) defeated the Greensboro Swarm (1-3) in an exciting seesaw battle on Friday night with a final score of 129-122. Nearly 4,000 Drive fans came to support the squad in action for their first game at home this season.
Pistons two-way player Louis King had an impressive game, leading the Drive to success with a total of 30 points and 11 rebounds. Jordan Bone, another Pistons two-way guy, contributed with 24 points and 9 assists. Other Drive players in double figures were Pistons rookie Sekou Doumbouya (18 points, 5 rebounds and 2 steals), Craig Sword (14 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists), Donta Hall (12 points and 3 rebounds) and Adam Woodbury (11 points and 12 rebounds).
Both teams played tight defense and tough offense throughout the game, but the Drive pulled ahead in the last few minutes of the fourth. The lead changed between the teams 12 times throughout the contest, but a big three-pointer Bone hit with less than three minutes remaining helped them in the end. The Drive scored an impressive 51 points in the 4th quarter alone, shooting 62.5% from the field in the final 12 minutes.
The Swarm had contributions from several players including two-way player Robert Franks with a team-high 27 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds. Jalen McDaniels rallied up 20 points, 6 rebounds and 2 assists. Hornets two-way player Kobi Simmons followed up with 22 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists. Joe Chealey put up 13 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists.
It's a quick turnaround for both teams as the Drive will host the Swarm once again tomorrow night at the DeltaPlex. Tip-off is at 7 p.m.
Full Game >>> https://bit.ly/2CQ3xLk
Box Score >>> https://on.nba.com/2KlWpdJ
Louis King (30pts, 11reb & 1blk) >>> https://bit.ly/2QmlYPC
Jordan Bone (24pts & 9ast) >>> https://bit.ly/2CMivll
Sekou Doumbouya (18pts, 5reb & 2stl) >>> https://bit.ly/2CPzbs6
Craig Sword (14pts, 5reb & 4ast) >>> https://bit.ly/2QoGUFu
Donta Hall (12pts & 3reb) >>> https://bit.ly/2QqEzKm
Adam Woodbury (11pts & 12reb) >>> https://bit.ly/2CLgB4s
Images from this story
Sekou Doumbouya of the Grand Rapids Drive
Grand Rapids Drive defend against the Greensboro Swarm
Opening Tip between the Grand Rapids Drive and Greensboro Swarm
Sekou Doumbouya of the Grand Rapids Drive boxes out the Greensboro Swarm
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Wisconsin Wins Third Consecutive Game, Beat Raptors 905 115-109 - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 119-102 - Austin Spurs
- Blue Coats Score Season-High 152 Points, Win Road Opener at Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
- Strus, Windy City Big Men Hold Back the Charge, 111-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Offense Falters in Second Half, Team Drops Home Contest to Clippers on Iowa Energy Night - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware - Long Island Nets
- Big Fourth Quarter Leads to Drive Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Take Down Mad Ants - Maine Celtics
- Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Dropped by Bulls - Cleveland Charge
- Hustle Shoot Past Kings in Red Hot Fourth Quarter - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Acquire Returning Rights Player James Webb III - Iowa Wolves
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Coaches vs. Cancer Fundraiser and First-Ever Dollar Dog Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Heats up in Fourth Quarter to Grab Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Drive Stories
- Grand Rapids Drive Announce Return for 2021-22 NBA G League Season
- Denver Nuggets and Grand Rapids Drive Partner as Single Affiliates Beginning with the 2021-22 Season
- Grand Rapids Drive Opt out of 2020-21 NBA G League Season
- Hall and Hollins Earn All-NBA G League Honors
- Drive, Griffins, Whitecaps and WMSC Unite as "One Team for West Michigan"