Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets (1-2), the NBA G League affiliate of the Brooklyn Nets, fell to the Delaware Blue Coats (2-1) 152-137 tonight at NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Long Island guard CJ Massinburg led the Nets with a career-high 28 points on 10-of-14 shooting from the floor in 21 minutes of play. Nets guard Jaylen Hands also scored an NBA G League career high with 21 points in 27 minutes of play.
Delaware jumped out to a hot start, leading 20-4 after the first 4:10 in the opening quarter. Jonah Bolden led the way for the Blue Coats with 15 points and three rebounds in nine minutes of play in the first. The Nets were able to come back over the remainder of the quarter, closing the lead to 38-30 at the end of the first.
The second quarter got off to a fast start with both teams trading blows early on. The Nets were able to even the score at 48-48 with 6:35 left to play in the second quarter as the teams continued their back and forth before Long Island was able to pull ahead, going into the half up 78-74. The Nets' 78 first-half points marked the most points scored in any first half in Long Island franchise history.
The Blue Coats came out strong to start the second half and controlled play throughout the quarter, outscoring the Nets 42-26 to take a 116-104 lead into the fourth.
The two teams played a tightly contested final quarter, but the Blue Coats were able to secure the victory by the final score of 152-137. The Blue Coats' 152 points marked the most points ever scored by an opponent in Nets' franchise history.
Delaware forward Jonah Bolden led the Blue Coats in scoring with a game-high 34 points on 12-of-18 shooting from the field and 5-of-9 shooting from 3-point range to go along with nine rebounds and three steals in 32 minutes of play. Three other players also eclipsed the 20-point mark for the Blue Coats with Marial Shayok (29 points), Haywood Highsmith (26 points) and Jared Brownridge (25 points) all providing big nights for Delaware on offense.
The Nets play their next game against the Windy City Bulls on Sunday, Nov. 17, at 3 p.m. ET at NYCB LIVE, while the Blue Coats will return home to take on the Canton Charge on Saturday, Nov. 16, at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Wisconsin Wins Third Consecutive Game, Beat Raptors 905 115-109 - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 119-102 - Austin Spurs
- Blue Coats Score Season-High 152 Points, Win Road Opener at Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
- Strus, Windy City Big Men Hold Back the Charge, 111-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Offense Falters in Second Half, Team Drops Home Contest to Clippers on Iowa Energy Night - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware - Long Island Nets
- Big Fourth Quarter Leads to Drive Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Take Down Mad Ants - Maine Red Claws
- Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Dropped by Bulls - Canton Charge
- Hustle Shoot Past Kings in Red Hot Fourth Quarter - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Acquire Returning Rights Player James Webb III - Iowa Wolves
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Coaches vs. Cancer Fundraiser and First-Ever Dollar Dog Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Heats up in Fourth Quarter to Grab Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Nets Acquire Phil Cofer
- Theo Pinson Named NBA G League Player of the Week
- Long Island Nets Defeat Capital City at Barclays Center Education Day Game
- Long Island Nets Score 48 in the Fourth Quarter But Fall to Grand Rapids
- Long Island Nets Fall to Maine in Hard-Fought Matchup