Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step
SANTA CRUZ, CA - The Santa Cruz Warriors (3-1) defeated the Austin Spurs (1-3) 119-102 in Cedar Park, Texas. Tonight's win gives the team back-to-back road wins against Texas teams this week and five straight regular season road victories in the Lonestar State dating back to the 2018-19 season.
Santa Cruz was spurred by 63 bench points by five players, the third-most bench points by an NBA G League team this season (per Elias Sports Bureau). Guard Andrew Harrison logged a team-high 21 points on 8-of-13 from the field (61.5% FG) in 21 minutes, while Nick Zeisloft made his Santa Cruz debut with 15 points on 5-8 from the field (62.5% FG) and 4-of-6 from three (66.7% 3FG) in 20 minutes off the bench. Deyonta Davis recorded his first double-double of the season with 14 points and 13 rebounds and.
Seven Sea Dubs scored in double figures tonight, the first time that has occurred since March 20, 2019 against the Capital City Go-Go. The Warriors also shot 51.1 percent from the field (45-of-88 FG), the first time the team shot over 50% from the field this season and the third straight occasion they have improved their shooting percentage.
San Antonio Spurs guard Keldon Johnson, currently on assignment in Austin, scored 22 points in 28 minutes, including this rim-rattling dunk in the fourth quarter. Big men Dedric Lawson and Kavion Pippen, who each spent time in the Golden State Warriors organization in 2019, logged 15 points with nine rebounds and 14 points with six rebounds, respectively.
Warriors guard Devyn Marble hit Santa Cruz's only two threes in the first period, tallying eight points to give Santa Cruz a 25-22 lead after 12 minutes. Forward D.J. Johnson energized the Sea Dubs with six points and six rebounds in the second frame and helped hold Austin to 33.3 percent shooting in the first half (16-of-48 FG).
Vander Blue opened the second half with nine points on 3-of-3 shooting as the team scored 40 points in the third period, building their lead up to 25 points. Keldon Johnson and Pippen combined for 18 points in the fourth to bring the home team's deficit to within 14, but could not prevent the Austin's 1-3 start to the 2019-20 NBA G League season.
The Warriors will now fly into San Jose Mineta Airport tomorrow morning to host the Salt Lake City Stars at Kaiser Permanente Arena on Sunday, November 17 at 5:00 p.m. PST. All fans in attendance will receive a 2019-20 schedule magnet, courtesy of Sawyer Chiropractic Group. To secure seats for Sunday night and for all Santa Cruz Warriors home games, fans are encouraged to visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2019-20 NBA G League season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Wisconsin Wins Third Consecutive Game, Beat Raptors 905 115-109 - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 119-102 - Austin Spurs
- Blue Coats Score Season-High 152 Points, Win Road Opener at Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
- Strus, Windy City Big Men Hold Back the Charge, 111-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Offense Falters in Second Half, Team Drops Home Contest to Clippers on Iowa Energy Night - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware - Long Island Nets
- Big Fourth Quarter Leads to Drive Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Take Down Mad Ants - Maine Celtics
- Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Dropped by Bulls - Cleveland Charge
- Hustle Shoot Past Kings in Red Hot Fourth Quarter - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Acquire Returning Rights Player James Webb III - Iowa Wolves
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Coaches vs. Cancer Fundraiser and First-Ever Dollar Dog Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Heats up in Fourth Quarter to Grab Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Warriors, Kaiser Permanente and the Athletes' Corner Bring Swishes for Dishes Food Insecurity Initiative to Santa Cruz for 2021-22 Season
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2021 Training Camp Roster
- Warriors Complete Trade to Acquire Eighteenth Overall Pick Isaiah Ross in Three-Team Trade
- Santa Cruz Warriors Finalize 2021-22 Coaching and Training Staff
- Santa Cruz Warriors Announce 2021-22 Broadcast Schedule