Blue Coats Score Season-High 152 Points, Win Road Opener at Long Island
LONG ISLAND - The Delaware Blue Coats (2-1), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, posted the second-highest point total in franchise history in the team's 152-137 road victory over the Long Island Nets (1-2) on Friday night. The team previously scored 156 points in a victory over Westchester on April 3, 2015. In his first game of the season while on assignment from the 76ers, Jonah Bolden posted a game-high 34 points (12-18 fg, 5-9 3fg, 3-5 ft) with nine rebounds and three steals in 31 minutes of action.
Bolden was one of four Blue Coats to score 25 points or more in the contest. 76ers two-way contract player Marial Shayok continued his hot start to the season by netting 29 points (9-25 fg, 2-8 3fg, 6-8 ft) and grabbing a season-high 13 rebounds in 33 minutes for his first career double-double. Shayok currently leads the G League in scoring average at 35.0 points per game through the team's first three games. Haywood Highsmith scored 19 of his 26 points (11-18 fg, 2-4 3fg, 1-1 ft) in the second half, while Jared Brownridge poured in 22 of his 25 points (9-14 fg, 6-10 3fg, 1-1 ft) for Delaware during the game's final 24 minutes.
Delaware trailed 78-74 at halftime.
Xavier Munford notched his first double-double of the season for the Blue Coats with 16 points (5-15 fg, 3-4 ft) and a career-high 17 assists (one assist shy of Delaware's franchise record) in a game-high 36 minutes.
CJ Massinburg paced Long Island with a team-high 28 points (10-14 fg, 1-2 3fg, 4-5 ft) to go along with six rebounds and three assists in 21 minutes off the bench. Jaylen Hands posted 21 points (8-14 fg, 3-5 3fg, 1-2 ft), four rebounds and four assists in 27 minutes as a starter for the Nets. Both Brooklyn Nets two-way contract players-Henry Ellenson and Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot-made their season debuts for the home team. Ellenson finished one rebound shy of a double-double with 18 points (7-14 fg, 2-7 3fg, 1-1 ft) and nine boards in 30 minutes, while Luwawu-Cabarrot added 16 points (5-11 fg, 2-7 3fg, 2-3 ft) in 26 minutes of work.
The Blue Coats conclude a back-to-back on Saturday night when they host the Canton Charge at 7:00 p.m. at 76ers Fieldhouse. Saturday night's contest is both a Coaches vs. Cancer fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society as well as the first Dollar Dog Night in franchise history. A portion of ticket sales will benefit the American Cancer Society, a sports memorabilia auction fundraiser will take place on the concourse and fans are encouraged to wear pink in support.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Wisconsin Wins Third Consecutive Game, Beat Raptors 905 115-109 - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 119-102 - Austin Spurs
- Blue Coats Score Season-High 152 Points, Win Road Opener at Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
- Strus, Windy City Big Men Hold Back the Charge, 111-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Offense Falters in Second Half, Team Drops Home Contest to Clippers on Iowa Energy Night - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware - Long Island Nets
- Big Fourth Quarter Leads to Drive Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Take Down Mad Ants - Maine Red Claws
- Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Dropped by Bulls - Canton Charge
- Hustle Shoot Past Kings in Red Hot Fourth Quarter - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Acquire Returning Rights Player James Webb III - Iowa Wolves
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Coaches vs. Cancer Fundraiser and First-Ever Dollar Dog Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Heats up in Fourth Quarter to Grab Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- WWE Legend Bob Backlund Headlines Blue Coats' Second Annual Pro Wrestling Extravaganza on March 14
- Blue Coats Acquire Dennis Clifford
- Blue Coats Fall to Charge in First Game After Break
- Delaware Blue Coats to Celebrate Beau Biden Foundation Night to Support the Protection of Children
- Blue Coats Dropped by Kings in Second Half