Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine
Portland, Maine - With 2:58 remaining in the third quarter, Stephan Hicks pulled down the defensive rebound to make him the leading rebounder in franchise history in Fort Wayne's 103-100 loss to the Maine Red Claws on Friday night.
Entering the night, Hicks trailed Ron Howard 992-983 on the glass playing in Fort Wayne (0-3) and tallied 11 points and 13 boards on the night.
Hicks will look to become the 39th player in NBA G League history to compile 1,000 rebounds in a career on Monday night when the Mad Ants welcome the College Park Skyhawks for the first-ever matchup between the two teams.
Maine (2-0) was paced by 22 points and 10 rebounds from forward Yante Maten, as well as 17 points and six assists from Boston Celtics two-way guard Tremont Waters.
The Red Claws' efforts on the glass were good enough to tie the fifth most defensive rebounds recorded in a regular season game by a Mad Ants opponent with 45.
Celtics two-way center Tacko Fall made his presence felt with 16 points, 13 rebounds and six blocked shots off the bench in more than 27 minutes of action.
Despite Fall's towering stature, Fort Wayne finished with 60 points in the paint in a game which featured nine lead changes.
Fort Wayne's 44 defensive rebounds were also good to tie the fifth most defensive rebounds by a Mad Ants team in a regular season game in franchise history.
Indiana Pacers two-way guard Naz Mitrou-Long led the Mad Ants with his second double-double performance of the season with 28 points and 10 rebounds. Ike Nwamu came off the bench with 18 points on 7-of-11 shooting in more than 33 minutes.
Maine will host Raptors 905 on Sunday afternoon.
Monday night's game at the Coliseum is the first "Money Monday", presented by 3Rivers Federal Credit Union, of the 2019-20 home season in Fort Wayne.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 15, 2019
- Wisconsin Wins Third Consecutive Game, Beat Raptors 905 115-109 - Wisconsin Herd
- Santa Cruz Warriors Beat Austin Spurs 119-102, Complete Texas Two-Step - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Austin Spurs Fall to Santa Cruz Warriors 119-102 - Austin Spurs
- Blue Coats Score Season-High 152 Points, Win Road Opener at Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
- Strus, Windy City Big Men Hold Back the Charge, 111-97 - Windy City Bulls
- Offense Falters in Second Half, Team Drops Home Contest to Clippers on Iowa Energy Night - Iowa Wolves
- Long Island Nets Drop Second Straight at Home to Delaware - Long Island Nets
- Big Fourth Quarter Leads to Drive Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Take Down Mad Ants - Maine Red Claws
- Hicks Becomes All-Time Leading Rebounder in Franchise History as Mad Ants Fall at Maine - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Charge Dropped by Bulls - Canton Charge
- Hustle Shoot Past Kings in Red Hot Fourth Quarter - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Acquire Returning Rights Player James Webb III - Iowa Wolves
- Delaware Blue Coats to Host Coaches vs. Cancer Fundraiser and First-Ever Dollar Dog Night - Delaware Blue Coats
- South Bay Heats up in Fourth Quarter to Grab Home Victory - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Erase 21-Point Deficit in Comeback Win against Raptors 905
- Mad Ants Acquire Tre Kelley
- Lemon's Scoring off the Bench Not Enough as Mad Ants Fall in Three-Overtime Game at Erie
- PS&E Season of Giving "Basketballidays" to Visit Fort Wayne
- Mad Ants Hold on at Home against Rio Grande Valley