Odessa Prepares for Three-Game Weekend
ODESSA, TX - The Jackalopes dropped both of their weekend games at Rio Grande Valley, but now prepare for a three-game weekend against the Texas Brahmas and the Allen Americans.
Last week's record: 0-2-1
Season overall: 2-6-1
Tuesday at Laredo, 4-2 Loss
The Bucks built up a 3-1 lead through two periods, and held off a late charge by Odessa after a Dominic Leveille goal with four minutes to play to pull out the 4-2 win. Sebastien Thinel also scored for Odessa in the contest. Neil Trimm had a goal and two assists for Laredo.
Friday at Rio Grande Valley, 5-4 (SO) Loss
Odessa's Jeff Pierce forced overtime with a power play goal late in the third period to tie the game at 4-4, but after overtime it took a 16-round shootout to eventually decide the winner. Rio Grande Valley's Brett Wilson scored the shootout-winning goal and Juliano Pagliero stopped Pierce to seal it for the Bees.
Saturday at Rio Grande Valley, 4-1 Loss
A turnover in the Odessa zone led to Aaron Lee's goal with less than two minutes remaining in regulation to give the Bees a 3-1 lead and close the door on the Jackalopes. Aaron Lewicki added an empty-net tally to pad the Bees' lead. Todd Robinson's power play goal in the first period was Odessa's lone score of the game.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Friday at Texas, 7:30 PM CST
It's the first meeting between Odessa and Texas since game six of last year's Southern Conference Semifinals, when Odessa eliminated the Brahmas with a 5-4 overtime win. Last season the two teams split their four regular season meetings. This year they will meet a total of eight times.
Saturday vs. Allen, 7:05 PM CST
Sunday vs. Allen, 4:05 PM CST
It's the first meeting of the year between Allen and Odessa since game seven of last year's Southern Conference Finals, when the Americans topped the Jacks, 4-2, to advance to the CHL's Presidents' Cup Finals. Allen ultimately lost to the Rapid City Rush in that final series. Odessa won three of the four regular season meetings last year.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Sebastien Thinel is two games away from passing Scott Hillman for the most games played in franchise history for Odessa.Thinel and Todd Robinson each are on four-game point streaks currently.Odessa's 16-round shootout loss to Rio Grande Valley was also the debut of goaltender Michel Robinson for the Jackalopes.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2010
- Shots from the Point for November 8, 2010 - CHL
- Sportsnet.Ca to Webcast 2010 Subway Super Series - CHL
- Bucks' Trimm Named Player of the Week - Laredo Bucks
- Wednesday Is Military Appreciation Night; Eagles Offer Military ID Special - Colorado Eagles
- Thunder Adds Goal Scorer Robinson - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Weekly Update: November 8, 2010 - Quad City Mallards
- Trimm Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Mavs on the road for two, return home Saturday - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Re-Sign Two-Time All Star Smith - Laredo Bucks
- Komets Hit the Road for Three this Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Dayton Head Coach Named CHL Employee of the Month - Dayton Gems
- RGV Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colorado Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- Gems Weekly - Dayton Gems
- Bees Ink Pair of Forwards, Place Two on IR, Waive One - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Road Swing Continues - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Win Streak Hits Five - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Notes: Week of November 8, 2010 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Americans Buck Bugs 3-2, Take Over First Place in Berry Conference - Allen Americans
- Odessa Prepares for Three-Game Weekend - Odessa Jackalopes
- Young Coach, Veteran Player Featured On Episode 20 Of Puska On Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska