Ninth Inning Rally Gives Kansas City Third Straight "W"
ROSEMONT, IL. - Impact Field in suburban Chicago by all accounts is a publicly funded park. After the Friday night historic first home opener for the Chicago Dogs in front of 6,317 fans, the T-Bones Zach Walters may be the sole owner of the new 60-million-dollar park. Walters launched two home runs and drove in four runs as Kansas City came from behind to win 8-4 for the teams third straight win.
The T-Bones took the lead in the first on a Dylan Tice solo home run off Scott Barns. In the top of the fifth Zach Walters launched his first homer of the game off Tyson Perez to make it 2-0. Luis Paula held the Hot Dogs scoreless through four innings but ran into trouble in the bottom of the fifth.
Paula retired the first man he faced but then hit back to back batters in Wilfreedo Rodrigues and Trey Vavra. He then walked Matt Dean to load the bases. For the third time this week a T-Bones pitcher hit a batter with the bases loaded scoring a run. Paula hit Kyle Gaedele to bring home a run and it was 2-1 Kansas City. Edwin Arroyo then singled to tie the game at two and then Michael Macca drove in two to give Chicago the lead. 4-2.
Kansas City could not crack the Chicago bull pen through until the ninth. Kaohi Downing came in to work the ninth for Chicago and hit Dexter Kjerstad to start the inning. Jordan Eadergeton would single with one out to put runners at the corners. Angel Rosa then lined a homer run to left center to give the T-Bones the 5-4 lead.
Johnny Davis reached on a perfectly placed bunt single and Dylan Tice would be hit by a pitch to put runners at first and second. Walters then provided the knockout punch with his second shot of the night to make it 8-4 Kansas City. The T-Bones Carlos Diaz worked a scoreless home half of the ninth as Kansas City won it 8-4.
Kansas City (4-3) has won three straight while, Chicago fell to (1-6). Game two of the series is Saturday night from Chicago. The game can be heard online on the T-Bones BroadcastNetwork.
Season, group, mini-plans and nightly party suites are on sale now and can be purchased by visiting the Box Office at T-Bones Stadium. Call the Box Office at 913-328-5618 or purchase and print at www.tbonesbaseball.com. Box office hours are 10:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Saturday. For additional information or interview requests, members of the media may contact the T-Bones Media Relations Department at (817) 739-3693. Stay tuned to www.tbonesbaseball.com. and the T-Bones Facebook and Twitter pages for updates throughout the off season.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 26, 2018
- Dogs Ninth Inning Rally Falls Short, Kansas City Takes Series - Chicago Dogs
- Thomas Goes Deep But AirHogs Fall Again in Wichita - Texas AirHogs
- Canaries Top Goldeyes in Extra-Inning Thriller - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sioux City Wins Fifth Straight - Sioux City Explorers
- Game Recaps - AA
- Bats Explode for 18 Hits as Wichita Rolls to Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Rout Saints, 16-7, in Tagert's 700th Win with Gary - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Six-Game Win Streak Comes to Screeching Halt with 16-7 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Ahart's Two-Homer Game Leads RedHawks Past Saltdogs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Railroaders Strand Nine in 7-1 Loss - Cleburne Railroaders
- Goldeyes Fall to Canaries in 10 - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Pound 17 Hits to Clinch Series over Saltdogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Andy DeJesus Re-Signed by RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wingnuts Bring Back Wilson, Add True Rookie Osburn - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Fall Short in Series Opener - Cleburne Railroaders
- De La Cruz's Four Hit Night Leads RedHawks to Home Opener Win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Ninth Inning Rally Gives Kansas City Third Straight "W" - Kansas City T-Bones
- De La Cruz's Four Hits End Saltdogs Win Streak - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Birds Drop Game to Goldeyes in First Road Test - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Fall in Friday Wichita Opener 4-1 - Texas AirHogs
- Game Recaps - AA
- Devastating Ninth Inning Rally Downs Dogs in Sold out Home Opener - Chicago Dogs
- X's Win Home Opener over Railroaders - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.