Wingnuts Bring Back Wilson, Add True Rookie Osburn
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Wingnuts announced Saturday the signings of right-handed pitcher Jared Wilson and left-handed pitcher Corbin Osburn.
To make room for Wilson and Osburn, left-handed pitcher Peter Irvin and right-handed pitcher Parker Sanburn have been released. Additionally, Wichita today placed infielder Jared Reaves on the Disabled List, retroactive to May 19. The Wingnuts active roster now contains 21 players.
Wilson pitched in 11 games for Wichita last season, going 0-1 with a 6.57 ERA. Over 12.1 innings of work the 28-year old struck out ten and walked seven, allowing 16 base hits. The Wingnuts traded Wilson to Trois-Rivieres of the Can-Am League on July 13 for future considerations, but Wilson did not make an appearance for the Aigles.
Prior to arriving in Wichita, Wilson pitched for the River City Rascals of the Frontier League in 2016, finishing 0-3 with a 6.41 ERA. The Anaheim, Calif., native also pitched three seasons in the Minnesota Twins organization, reaching High-A Cedar Rapids in 2014 and 2015. Wilson was a two-time draftee of the Twins out of UC-Santa Barbara, going in the 35th round in 2012 and the 19th round in 2013. The righty owns a career record of 12-14, with a 4.31 ERA in 206.2 innings.
Osburn will make his professional debut after finishing his collegiate career at Missouri Southern State University. The lefty finished 2018 with a 4-4 record in 13 starts, posting a 3.99 ERA over 85.2 innings. Prior to his time at MSSU, the Broken Arrow, Okla., native pitched at Arkansas Little-Rock and Butler Community College in El Dorado. While with the Grizzlies, Osburn went 10-3 with a 2.55 ERA in 2015, earning First Team All-Jayhawk Conference.
Both players will be in uniform tonight, with Wilson wearing #21 and Osburn #26.
Wilson is the expected starter as the Wingnuts continue their series with the Texas AirHogs; left-hander Tyler Matzek will oppose him as the starter for Texas. First pitch from Lawrence-Dumont is scheduled for 7:05 PM and will be broadcast on 1410 AM/93.9 FM KGSO, TuneIn and americanassociationbaseball.tv.
For information on season tickets, group outings, and party packages, call the Wingnuts main office at (316) 264-NUTS, or visit the Wingnuts official website at www.wichitawingnuts.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 26, 2018
- Dogs Ninth Inning Rally Falls Short, Kansas City Takes Series - Chicago Dogs
- Thomas Goes Deep But AirHogs Fall Again in Wichita - Texas AirHogs
- Canaries Top Goldeyes in Extra-Inning Thriller - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sioux City Wins Fifth Straight - Sioux City Explorers
- Game Recaps - AA
- Bats Explode for 18 Hits as Wichita Rolls to Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Rout Saints, 16-7, in Tagert's 700th Win with Gary - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Six-Game Win Streak Comes to Screeching Halt with 16-7 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Ahart's Two-Homer Game Leads RedHawks Past Saltdogs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Railroaders Strand Nine in 7-1 Loss - Cleburne Railroaders
- Goldeyes Fall to Canaries in 10 - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Pound 17 Hits to Clinch Series over Saltdogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Andy DeJesus Re-Signed by RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wingnuts Bring Back Wilson, Add True Rookie Osburn - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Fall Short in Series Opener - Cleburne Railroaders
- De La Cruz's Four Hit Night Leads RedHawks to Home Opener Win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Ninth Inning Rally Gives Kansas City Third Straight "W" - Kansas City T-Bones
- De La Cruz's Four Hits End Saltdogs Win Streak - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Birds Drop Game to Goldeyes in First Road Test - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Fall in Friday Wichita Opener 4-1 - Texas AirHogs
- Game Recaps - AA
- Devastating Ninth Inning Rally Downs Dogs in Sold out Home Opener - Chicago Dogs
- X's Win Home Opener over Railroaders - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.