Ahart's Two-Homer Game Leads RedHawks Past Saltdogs
FARGO - Devan Ahart led off with a home run for the RedHawks (5-3) in the first inning and added another in the fourth on his way to a four-hit, three-RBI night for Fargo-Moorhead in an 11-6 win over the Lincoln Saltdogs (4-5) in front of 2728 fans at Newman Outdoor Field on Saturday night. Fargo-Moorhead chalked up 17 hits in the victory.
The win stretches Fargo's winning streak to two games - matching the team's season high.
The visitors struck back with two runs in the second inning courtesy of a Dashenko Ricardo double and added another in the third on a two-bagger by Chase Simpson, but the RedHawks tacked on four in the bottom of the third to take a 5-3 lead.
Fargo-Moorhead added three in the fourth against Lincoln relief pitcher Leland Tilley, including a home run by the red hot Keury De La Cruz. De La Cruz is 7-10 with seven RBIs, a double and a home run so far this series against Lincoln.
The Saltdogs got three runs back in the seventh thanks to a triple by Chad Hinshaw and a home run by Chase Simpson, but Anthony Pacillo shut the door on Lincoln after coming into the game in the eighth.
Will Solomon went 5.1 innings before leaving the game due to a blister issue. He struck out three, walked two and gave up three runs. Solomon was credited with the win and moves to 1-1 on the year. He ha a 3.27 ERA through two starts this season.
Lincoln's starter, Shairon Martis, also left the game due to an undisclosed medical issue. Martis (0-2) got the loss after giving up five runs in three innings pitched. He struck out three and walked none in his second start of the season.
The RedHawks remain undefeated at Newman Outdoor Field this season and will finish off the series with the Saltdogs Sunday afternoon at 1 PM. Jack Michaels will have the call on 740 The FAN and online at fmredhawks.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 26, 2018
- Dogs Ninth Inning Rally Falls Short, Kansas City Takes Series - Chicago Dogs
- Thomas Goes Deep But AirHogs Fall Again in Wichita - Texas AirHogs
- Canaries Top Goldeyes in Extra-Inning Thriller - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sioux City Wins Fifth Straight - Sioux City Explorers
- Game Recaps - AA
- Bats Explode for 18 Hits as Wichita Rolls to Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Rout Saints, 16-7, in Tagert's 700th Win with Gary - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Six-Game Win Streak Comes to Screeching Halt with 16-7 Loss to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Ahart's Two-Homer Game Leads RedHawks Past Saltdogs - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Railroaders Strand Nine in 7-1 Loss - Cleburne Railroaders
- Goldeyes Fall to Canaries in 10 - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Pound 17 Hits to Clinch Series over Saltdogs - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Andy DeJesus Re-Signed by RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wingnuts Bring Back Wilson, Add True Rookie Osburn - Wichita Wingnuts
- Railroaders Fall Short in Series Opener - Cleburne Railroaders
- De La Cruz's Four Hit Night Leads RedHawks to Home Opener Win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Ninth Inning Rally Gives Kansas City Third Straight "W" - Kansas City T-Bones
- De La Cruz's Four Hits End Saltdogs Win Streak - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Birds Drop Game to Goldeyes in First Road Test - Sioux Falls Canaries
- AirHogs Fall in Friday Wichita Opener 4-1 - Texas AirHogs
- Game Recaps - AA
- Devastating Ninth Inning Rally Downs Dogs in Sold out Home Opener - Chicago Dogs
- X's Win Home Opener over Railroaders - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.