New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract
NEW YORK, N.Y.â¯- New York City FC today announced forward Andres Jasson has signed his first professional contract with the Club becoming the 5th Homegrown signing in NYCFC history.
"I'm really excited to join NYCFC as a Homegrown player and thankful to the Club for this opportunity to sign my first professional contract," Jasson said. "It's been really exciting over the last couple of years to see some of my closest friends join the First Team and I'm ready to join them, work hard and compete for minutes with the great group of guys we have.
"To end the season, I'm hoping we can make a run in the playoffs and in the Concacaf Champions League to our win first piece of silverware. I've been able to be a part of title-winning teams at the Academy level, and to do it at the senior level is our ultimate goal.
"I want to thank all of the Academy staff, especially Matt Pilkington my U-19 coach, for helping me get to this moment. It's been an incredible experience so far and it wouldn't have been possible without all their hard work.
"Finally, to the fans of NYCFC-I can't wait to see all of you in Yankee Stadium sometime soon. You make this Club so special and hopefully we can be together in 2021."
During his time in the Club's Academy, Jasson helped bring home three pieces of silverware including the 2017 Generation Adidas Cup and back-to-back US Soccer Development Academy U-19 National Championships. The forward won the Golden Boot Award for the DA's Eastern Conference in 2019 and was named NYCFC's Academy Player of the Year during the same season.
His stellar year ended with being one of four former NYCFC Academy players to represent the United States during the 2019 U-17 World Cup alongside Joe Scally, Tayvon Gray and Gio Reyna.
Jasson joined the Club's preseason in 2020 and appeared in both matches at Florida Cup 2020 against Corinthians and Palmeiras where he registered an assist. The Connecticut native got on the scoresheet with a brace against Orange County SC in a 2-1 win.
NYCFC Sporting Director, David Lee, said: "We're delighted that Andres has signed and becomes the 5th player to join our First Team from our Academy. He was an influential part of our Academy's success the past few seasons and impressed as he has trained with the First Team regularly over the past 18 months and now, we're looking forward to the next stage of his development as a professional.
"We knew he wanted to pursue an education at Yale and we remained in touch with Andres and his family throughout the process. He will continue to take classes at one of the best universities in the world, and the Club will fully support him in his desires to continue to pursue his education
"He's an excellent person and has a bright future both on and off the pitch and we're really looking forward to him being available for us in Concacaf Champions League in December."
The 18-year-old will not be eligible to play in the 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs but is included on the Club's Concacaf Champions League roster as the competition wraps up next month.
The forward enrolled at Yale University in 2020 and recently completed his first semester academically at the Ivy League institution, however his collegiate season this fall was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Everyone at the Club welcomes Andres to the First Team!
Transaction: New York City FC signs Academy Product Andres Jasson â¯
Name: Andres Jassonâ¯â¯
DOB: January 17, 2002
Weight: 155 lbsâ¯
Hometown: Greenwich, CTâ¯â¯â¯
Citizenship: United Statesâ¯
Last Name Pronunciation: jay-son
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Inter Miami CF in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: November 22, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer Launches Enhanced Data Broadcast for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Provides Update on Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Home Match on Saturday at MAPFRE Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Rapids Forward Diego Rubio Available for Selection After Chile Call-Up - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City, Pride to Host Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday - Orlando City SC
- Rookie Roommates Alistair Johnston and Jack Maher Stay Laughing through a Tumultuous Season - Nashville SC
- Into the Numbers: Chris Mueller - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract - New York City FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Play-In Round - New England Revolution
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Announces Winners for 2020 Sporting Club Awards - Sporting Kansas City
- Nesbitt First Woman Named MLS Assistant Referee of the Year - MLS
- Angel City Football Club to Play at Banc of California Stadium in Spring 2022 - Los Angeles FC
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- New York City FC Acquires Up to $600,000 General Allocation Money from FC Cincinnati for Ronald Matarrita
- New York City FCÂ AcquiresÂ Up to $1.25M in General Allocation MoneyÂ from Austin FC ForÂ Alex Ring
- New York City FC Announces Travel Plans for the Resumption of 2020 CONCACAF Champions League
- New York City FC Announces Roster Moves for 2021
- Orlando City SC 1 Ã¢ÂÂ 1 New York City FC; Orlando City SC Advances 6-5 on Penalties