Columbus Crew SC Provides Update on Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Home Match on Saturday at MAPFRE Stadium
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that it has informed Columbus Public Health and Franklin County Public Health that the Club will play its Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Round One home match this Saturday at MAPFRE Stadium in front of only an extremely small number of family members and guests of the team (players, staff) in attendance. Supporters that had previously purchased tickets and/or parking for the first postseason match will receive a full refund or credit via their original method of payment.
Applicable updates about any potential Audi MLS Cup Playoff matches at MAPFRE Stadium beyond this round will be communicated at a later date.
"Throughout this year, Columbus Crew SC has continued to recognize that circumstances surrounding the pandemic are fluid and as such, we have designed our plans to maximize flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances," said Crew SC Executive Vice President and Chief Business Officer Steve Lyons. "This week, after discussions with local health authorities, we informed Columbus Public Health and Franklin County Public Health today that although we are confident in our Responsible Restart plan and our ability to safely host supporters, we believe today's decision is the right move for the best interest of our community."
Continued Lyons: "Despite not being able to host our most ardent supporters on Saturday - whom we know will be disappointed not to be with us - we are pleased with the broad regional and national distribution of our match on television and digital streaming. We know the Crew faithful will be tuning-in and supporting us from afar and we encourage everyone to do their part: maintain social distancing and safe health practices while cheering the Club on in a different manner and location than everyone is used to on a matchday."
On Saturday, the Club will follow the guidance of MLS and execute robust safety and sanitization protocols for players, staff and select friends and family at MAPFRE Stadium to ensure a safe continuation of the 2020 MLS postseason. No tailgating will be permitted in the MAPFRE Stadium parking lots.
Earlier this year, Crew SC became the first professional sports team in the State of Ohio to safely host supporters through health and safety protocols put in place after Crew SC consulted government health officials, Populous - a leading sports architecture firm and venue reconfiguration expert - along with Major League Soccer and their experts during the creation and implementation of the Health and Safety Protocols.
Tune-in details for this Saturday's contest are below:
Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Round One:
Columbus Crew SC vs. New York Red Bulls
Saturday, November 21 - 3:00 p.m. ET - MAPFRE Stadium (Columbus, Ohio)
National Television: UniMas, TUDN, TUDN App (Stream), MLSsoccer.com & MLS App (Stream)
Regional Television: SportsTime Ohio, FOX Sports GO (Stream) | Coverage begins: 2:30 p.m. ET
Regional Television Channel Guide: https://www.ColumbusCrewSC.com/broadcast
Crew SC Radio: ESPN 1460 AM and streaming online via "Listen Live" at 971TheFan.com. (English); ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Inter Miami CF in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: November 22, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer Launches Enhanced Data Broadcast for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Provides Update on Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Home Match on Saturday at MAPFRE Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Rapids Forward Diego Rubio Available for Selection After Chile Call-Up - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City, Pride to Host Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday - Orlando City SC
- Rookie Roommates Alistair Johnston and Jack Maher Stay Laughing through a Tumultuous Season - Nashville SC
- Into the Numbers: Chris Mueller - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract - New York City FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Play-In Round - New England Revolution
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Announces Winners for 2020 Sporting Club Awards - Sporting Kansas City
- Nesbitt First Woman Named MLS Assistant Referee of the Year - MLS
- Angel City Football Club to Play at Banc of California Stadium in Spring 2022 - Los Angeles FC
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Announces Additional Details for Tomorrow's Hispanic Heritage Night at Lower.com Field
- Columbus Crew Travels to South Florida to Face Inter Miami CF Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew Announces Call-Ups for September International Window
- Columbus Crew Announces Tyler Phillips as Manager of Supporter Relations
- Columbus Crew Provides Injury Update on Midfielder Kevin Molino