Orlando City, Pride to Host Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride and their partners will be kicking off Thanksgiving Week by hosting the Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway presented by Publix on Monday, Nov. 23 at Exploria Stadium. The yearly event will give back to the Parramore community, the same neighborhood that serves as the home of both Orlando City SC of Major League Soccer and Orlando Pride of the National Women's Soccer League.
With the help of volunteers from the Orlando City and Pride front office, the Orlando City SC Foundation, Orlando Pride players, Club partners and community members, the Turkey Giveaway will provide all of the necessary fixings for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner to those in Parramore and the downtown Orlando community.
"2020 has been a difficult year for so many people so we are delighted to be able to invite our neighbors into our home to pick up everything they need for their Thanksgiving meal," said Kay Rawlins, president of the Orlando City Foundation. "A huge thank you to all our partners, staff and volunteers who have helped bring holiday cheer to so many families."
Turkeys will be available to District 5 residents and, thanks to contributions and support from the City of Orlando, District 5 Commissioner Regina Hill, Publix, Pepsi, City Furniture, FAIRWINDS, Orlando Health, Chick-Fil-A and Match-Up Promotions, the Club will be able to provide approximately 650, free Thanksgiving dinners. That meal total will mark the most ever distributed in the history of the event, which was previously held at Shiloh Baptist Church before relocating to Exploria Stadium for this year. In addition to the Thanksgiving fixings, all attendees will also receive a $20 Publix gift card and a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi.
"I am grateful to have the Orlando City Foundation partner with me in this effort," Commissioner Hill said. "They have been excellent community partners since I've been in City Council. The Parramore community not only knows that Orlando City Soccer Club resides in Parramore, but they care for Parramore."
"We are honored to partner with the Orlando City Foundation again this year to provide families a Thanksgiving turkey and meal," Publix Community Relations Manager Chris Norberg. "We may give thanks a bit differently this year with a distant air hug or a virtual gathering, but the tradition of expressing gratitude is time-honored. This season inspires us to appreciate our Publix family - our customers, our associates, our suppliers, and our community partners. Our hearts fill with gratitude for these relationships."
Due to COVID-19, the Club and venue will also be implementing increased safety and sanitation guidelines which include social distancing, scheduled pick-up time slots and required masks when inside the venue. Pre-registration is required, with attendees receiving assigned time slots for arrival.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Inter Miami CF in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: November 22, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer Launches Enhanced Data Broadcast for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Provides Update on Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Home Match on Saturday at MAPFRE Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Rapids Forward Diego Rubio Available for Selection After Chile Call-Up - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City, Pride to Host Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday - Orlando City SC
- Rookie Roommates Alistair Johnston and Jack Maher Stay Laughing through a Tumultuous Season - Nashville SC
- Into the Numbers: Chris Mueller - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract - New York City FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Play-In Round - New England Revolution
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Announces Winners for 2020 Sporting Club Awards - Sporting Kansas City
- Nesbitt First Woman Named MLS Assistant Referee of the Year - MLS
- Angel City Football Club to Play at Banc of California Stadium in Spring 2022 - Los Angeles FC
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Acquires American Goalkeeper Brandon Austin
- Orlando City Selects Forward Derek Dodson in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Orlando City Acquires No. 8 Selection in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- U.S Men's National Team to Open 2021 against Trinidad & Tobago on January 31 at Exploria Stadium
- Four City Homegrowns Join CF Pachuca for Offseason Training Stint