Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that the club has extended their longstanding partnership with Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). Additionally, The PG&E Corporation Foundation will sign on as the club's first sponsor of the Quakes Foundation's Pledge 74 initiative . Pledge 74, launched by the Earthquakes in July, is the club's response to food insecurity in San Jose and the greater South Bay community.
PG&E and The PG&E Corporation have helped raise money and create experiences for underserved youth as part of the Earthquakes' Kicks for Kids program for several years and will continue their philanthropy in tandem with the Earthquakes moving forward.
During the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs, the Quakes Foundation has pledged to donate $1,000 for each goal scored by the team towards the Pledge 74 initiative. The PG&E Corporation Foundation will match the contribution for the duration of the team's run in the postseason.
"PG&E and The PG&E Corporation Foundation are pleased to continue our collaboration with the San Jose Earthquakes. We're excited about this new opportunity to cheer on the Quakes to score goals not just for the fans, but for the community, by contributing matching funds to the Pledge 74 initiative to help address food insecurity in South Bay communities," said Stephanie Isaacson, Executive Director, The PG&E Corporation Foundation and Director of Community Relations at PG&E.
Additionally, 25 percent of the Earthquakes' revenue from the partnership will go towards supporting the Quakes Foundation each year.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Inter Miami CF in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: November 22, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer Launches Enhanced Data Broadcast for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Provides Update on Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Home Match on Saturday at MAPFRE Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Rapids Forward Diego Rubio Available for Selection After Chile Call-Up - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City, Pride to Host Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday - Orlando City SC
- Rookie Roommates Alistair Johnston and Jack Maher Stay Laughing through a Tumultuous Season - Nashville SC
- Into the Numbers: Chris Mueller - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract - New York City FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Play-In Round - New England Revolution
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Announces Winners for 2020 Sporting Club Awards - Sporting Kansas City
- Nesbitt First Woman Named MLS Assistant Referee of the Year - MLS
- Angel City Football Club to Play at Banc of California Stadium in Spring 2022 - Los Angeles FC
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: January 25, 2021
- Marcinkowski, Yueill Called to USMNT Ahead of Friendly with T&T on January 31
- Earthquakes Select Cal Forward Thomas Williamson in First Round of 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- 2021 MLS SuperDraft Takes Place Today
- Earthquakes Acquire Mexican Midfielder Javier Eduardo Lopez on Loan from Chivas