Angel City Football Club to Play at Banc of California Stadium in Spring 2022
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and Angel City Football Club, L.A.'s newest professional women's sports team, announced today that Angel City will call Banc of California Stadium its home venue when the team begins play in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) in Spring 2022.
"From the beginning, we set out to build a Club where everyone was welcome -- a Club that would strive to unite the world's city through the world's game," LAFC Co-President Larry Freedman said. "We are thrilled to welcome our new partners, Angel City FC, to our family, to our home, and to their new home. We look forward to standing shoulder-to-shoulder with ACFC to create great experiences here in the Heart of Los Angeles."
Angel City Football Club will host a press conference today outside of the Stadium led by ACFC Founder and President Julie Uhrman and featuring Mayor Eric Garcetti, Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas, Los Angeles City Councilman Curran Price, LAFC Co-President and Chief Business Officer Larry Freedman, LAFC co-owner Larry Berg, NWSL Commissioner Lisa Baird, and numerous Angel City founding investors including MLS/U.S. Soccer legend and sports broadcaster Cobi Jones, late-night host Lilly Singh, and former U.S. Women's National Team players Julie Foudy, Mia Hamm, Amanda Cromwell, Lorrie Fair Allen, Tisha Venturini Hoch, and Saskia Webber.
"Announcing our venue partner is a major milestone for Angel City, and we could not be more excited than to play in this spectacular venue right here in the heart of Los Angeles," said ACFC Founder and President, Julie Uhrman. "We are building a club for all Los Angelenos, united in their support of women's soccer and the magic that L.A. brings to its fans, players, and teams."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 19, 2020
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts Inter Miami CF in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
- Rapids Look to Carry Momentum from Winning Streak into Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs Colorado Rapids: Keys to the Match: November 22, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer Launches Enhanced Data Broadcast for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs - MLS
- Columbus Crew SC Provides Update on Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Home Match on Saturday at MAPFRE Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Rapids Forward Diego Rubio Available for Selection After Chile Call-Up - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation - San Jose Earthquakes
- Orlando City, Pride to Host Orlando City Foundation Annual Turkey Giveaway Presented by Publix on Monday - Orlando City SC
- Rookie Roommates Alistair Johnston and Jack Maher Stay Laughing through a Tumultuous Season - Nashville SC
- Into the Numbers: Chris Mueller - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract - New York City FC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Montreal Impact Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Play-In Round - New England Revolution
- Two Atlanta United Players Undergo Successful Post-Season Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- Sporting KC Announces Winners for 2020 Sporting Club Awards - Sporting Kansas City
- Nesbitt First Woman Named MLS Assistant Referee of the Year - MLS
- Angel City Football Club to Play at Banc of California Stadium in Spring 2022 - Los Angeles FC
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week - New York City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Wins Third Straight with 2-1 Win over Austin
- LAFC Adds MLS Pool Goalkeeper Greg Ranjitsingh Ahead of Austin Match
- LAFC Signs English Goalkeeper Jamal Blackman
- Cristian Arango Voted MLS Player of the Week for Week 24
- LAFC, Kaiser Permanente & Austen Everett Foundation Team up in Support of MLS' 8th Annual Kick Childhood Cancer Campaign