New York City FC Announce Preseason Friendly Matches in Orlando
NEW YORK, N.Y. - New York City Football Club today announced that the first team will travel to Orlando, Florida during the 2019 preseason.
Domenec Torrent's men will train from February 12-21 in the Sunshine State and are scheduled to play in the inaugural Orlando City Invitational. As part of that, the Club will face hosts Orlando City SC on February 16 and Minnesota United on February 20 at the Orlando City Soccer Stadium in Orlando, Florida.
Sporting Director Claudio Reyna said: "We're excited to return to Orlando for another preseason. This stretch is a very important time for our players and coaches and the friendlies in Orlando provide an opportunity to play MLS competition as we prepare for season."
Head Coach Domenec Torrent said: "Orlando is a great location for part of our preseason schedule. This will be an opportunity to continue to implement our style and tactical approach as we prepare for the 2019 season. We'll be able to play all of our players and try different combinations against two really good MLS sides and get the team in the best possible shape mentally, physically and tactically for the season opener."
The team will look to carry positive momentum from their Orlando stay to Tennessee when the Boys in Blue take on USL side Nashville SC on February 22 in a friendly at First Tennessee Park to close out the preseason.
The 2019 MLS Regular Season kicks off on Saturday, March 2 when NYCFC will return to Orlando to face OCSC at 2:30 pm. City's home opener will be the following weekend on Sunday, March 10 at 3:00 pm against D.C. United.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2019
- Austin FC to Begin Play in MLS in 2021 - MLS
- LAFC and Defender Walker Zimmerman Agree to New Multi-Year Contract - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Re-Sign Defender Rolf Feltscher - LA Galaxy
- Earthquakes Head Coach Matias Almeyda Named CONCACAF Coach of the Year - San Jose Earthquakes
- Colorado Rapids Signs Matt Hundley and Sam Raben as Homegrown Players - Colorado Rapids
- New England Revolution Announce Changes to Technical Staff - New England Revolution
- New York Red Bulls Open Preseason Camp Ahead of Champions League Return - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Announces Full 2019 Preseason Schedule - Real Salt Lake
- Sounders FC Signs Goalkeeper Trey Muse as Homegrown Player - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Acquires Dion Pereira - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Set to Travel to Costa Rica, Tucson for 2019 Preseason Presented by Old Trapper - Portland Timbers
- Orlando City Stadium Set to Host Orlando City Invitational During Preseason - Orlando City SC
- Lions Open 2019 Preseason with Inaugural Orlando City Invitational - Orlando City SC
- Revolution to Compete in Inaugural Orlando City Invitational Preseason Tournament - New England Revolution
- New York City FC Announce Preseason Friendly Matches in Orlando - New York City FC
- Minnesota United Announces 2019 Preseason Schedule - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- New York City FC Launches City Select League to Expand Academy Structure
- New York City FC to Host Bronx Borough Night on Wednesday, April 24
- Notes & Quotes: Minnesota United FC 3 - 3 New York City FC
- New York City FC and ESPN Deportes Radio AM1050 to Bring Spanish-Language Game Coverage to Tri-State Area
- Celebrity Chef Marcus Samuelsson Becomes Chief Culinary Coach of New York City FC